do you carry your music stand in your ukulele case?

Most of my ukes have padded gig bags except my six string which has a hard case and the baritone which has a semi hard case. The baritone case is the only one that has an adequate pocket so I tend to carry my extras in a backpack. They include capo, spare batteries for tuners, harmonicas, harp rack, tablet, table top tablet stand and pub prop. There's room for a regular music stand should I need one. My music stand is a lightweight one and it goes in a quilted bag my wife made for me.

When my daugher was in band, i made her a bag with strap for her stand out of a pair of jeans. One leg for the bag - I sewed the bottom of the shorn leg, and put velcro where I cut the top of the leg long enough to fit the stand. The other pants leg was used to make a strap.

Once she finished with band, it sat unused for 15 years until I started attending a ukulele choir this year. It washed up in my washing machine and is as good as 15 years ago. I just carry both straps in my hand, or sling over my shoulder.

Top Bottom