Take 3!, Country Roads, John Denver Cover.

anthonyg

Reaction score
I've been an impatient soul of late. I have hurriedly put up video's and then taken them down later is disgust. I now subject every recording to the laptop speaker test before it moves forward for editing and a it has to pass the laptop speaker test again before its uploaded and published.

I had been editing videos through headphones and they sounded OK that way but flopped badly through laptop speakers.
The video still sounds better through headphones though.

Anthony

Last edited:
Nice job Anthony. Sounded good on my laptop speakers.

Thanks Doug.

I've been struggling with recording my singing voice and I have a big voice which are harder to record that small voices. A big part of it I'm slowly realising is the midrange response of microphones, specifically the way microphones boost the midrange. The problem is that we hear pitch in the midrange and boosting the midrange will accentuate any pitch errors you may have. Also since I don't hear this strong midrange response when singing I can't control it. What I'm going to have to do is adjust low, mid , high response of the recording until it matches what my voice sounds like to me. I did reduce the mids on this recording but in future I am going to reduce it further.

Anthony

Top Bottom