Beau Hannam Tenor reaching completion

Say what you want about the beauty of Beau's builds, that takes a back seat to the sound and feel. I'm still discovering nuances in the tone and the playability after a year. The beauty is definitely more than skin deep.

Enjoy the last leg of the wait Hollis. It's worth it.

Really beautiful. Looking forward to hearing a sound sample. Congrats!

Hollis - Here's an idea...Fly to Hawaii next week for Ukulele Guild of Hawaii's Ukulele Festival (Nov. 17-19), and you can pick up your uke there. ;-)

Hollis - Here's an idea...Fly to Hawaii next week for Ukulele Guild of Hawaii's Ukulele Festival (Nov. 17-19), and you can pick up your uke there. ;-)

A great idea Eddie and wish I could do it but still doing my chemotherapy. Hope to be in Hawaii to visit a good friend next northern hemisphere fall. You’re picking yours up at the Guild show, no?

A great idea Eddie and wish I could do it but still doing my chemotherapy. Hope to be in Hawaii to visit a good friend next northern hemisphere fall. You’re picking yours up at the Guild show, no?

I had no idea you are dealing with a health situation. Sending you the very best thoughts in that regard.

Yes, I'm picking mine up next week in Hawaii. Beau will display it at UGH and then it will come home with me.

This was ordered as a "Players model" but has ended up a full custom- a fine looking uke with hand rubbed burst- I really like the fingerboard with only a 12th fret inlay. It will soon be in your hands :)

I've been as excited watching this build as I am my own. Saying BH really outdid himself is an understatetement, especially with all the fine touches and full-custom upgrade. I can understand your patience Hollis as I've been addressing my own wellness concerns. All my best and positive thoughts to you!

I've been as excited watching this build as I am my own. Saying BH really outdid himself is an understatetement, especially with all the fine touches and full-custom upgrade. I can understand your patience Hollis as I've been addressing my own wellness concerns. All my best and positive thoughts to you!

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. I’ll soon have a better idea of how I’m traveling and until then I’m staying positive.

That is so beautiful, you must be extremely pleased with the results Hollis. You have waited a long time, and been through a tough one so you certainly deserve this.

That is so beautiful, you must be extremely pleased with the results Hollis. You have waited a long time, and been through a tough one so you certainly deserve this.

Thanks a lot Dave and yes, I do deserve this. We all deserve to have the finest instruments possible within our means or even sometimes outside it(I’d eat a lot of tuna casserole if I could have more Ukes of this quality).

Last edited:
The new BH Tenor arrive today safe and sound and yes, it’s pretty amazing. Almost 2700 of you have read this post so you know it’s visually stunning but you have to play an instrument to truely know it. Initial perception was, Wow! Sound and weight balance are exemplary as is its ability to produce beautiful ringing tones both below and above the 12th fret.
I’m very involved with medical issues right now so can’t post a review that this instrument deserves. But I will as soon as I can.

I will however make a comment on the Rubner tuners that I asked for. Very, very nice! I would recommend them without hesitation.
6C60A755-438C-4798-BE2B-2C1F6AB6D56E.jpg

Last edited:
The new BH Tenor arrive today safe and sound and yes, it’s pretty amazing. Almost 2700 of you have read this post so you know it’s visually stunning but you have to play an instrument to truely know it. Initial perception was, Wow! Sound and weight balance are exemplary as is its ability to produce beautiful ringing tones both below and above the 12th fret.
I’m very involved with medical issues right now so can’t post a review that this instrument deserves. But I will as soon as I can.

A big big congratulations on receiving and getting to play your awesome new BH. Enjoy your time with it Hollis, I look forward to a review when you get the time. Good luck with everything and get well my friend

So happy for you! It is stunning.
Thanks for sharing...be well, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Congratulations Hollis, I can only imagine how it feels to have that baby finished and in your hands—your excitement shines through! Of course you must know, where one journey ends a new one begins, and this feels like the beginning of all that is good. Enjoy playing lots of beautiful music together as you heal.

Congratulations Hollis, I can only imagine how it feels to have that baby finished and in your hands—your excitement shines through! Of course you must know, where one journey ends a new one begins, and this feels like the beginning of all that is good. Enjoy playing lots of beautiful music together as you heal.

Thanks for that. I know from experience that music and the friends that you make music with, are the best medicine.

Focus on you and enjoy the uke as you can. We’ll look forward to a review when you can and, more importantly, that your medical concerns are behind you. In the mean time, holding happy thoughts for you.

Here are some other pics from my facebook page (i still have to load another 20 or so pics so check it in a few days)
https://www.facebook.com/BeauHannam...97280722313.1073741903.100002361680367&type=3

Hollis, it was an absolute please to make this uke for you and I hope that it lightens your days and nights with joy when life can seem dark in regard to health concerns- I think this is the 3rd uke ive delivered to someone undergoing chemo so I understand what it can mean to bring a smile to your face when you are feeling knocked around by the chemo. Hopefully this weapon of joy will be another instrument that you can use to kick cancer's butt :)
All the very, very best. Now and always.
Beau Hannam

IMG_7692.jpg
IMG_7613.jpg
IMG_7598.jpg
IMG_7654.jpg
IMG_7693.jpg

Top Bottom