Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 279 - Red rum (sort of)

Default Season 279 - Red rum (sort of)

Hi everyone,

Here is the intro video. Summary follows.

Here in Hobart, we have a museum that runs a festival around the time of the winter solstice each year. One of the major themes of both the museum and the festival is death, so I wanted to make this season about death. A bit of research found that Alan Thornton has already hosted a death season, so I thought I'd make this one a bit different. I originally though about getting you all to play murder ballads, but I thought that might be a bit restrictive, so as long as somebody dies at some point in the song, I will be happy.

Rules:
    - Somebody has to die at some point in the song
    - Uke must be prominent
    - Video must be newly recorded (but, if you record a tree song that also contains a death during the period when both seasons are active, I will accept it even if it has been posted to the tree season. The same applies for whatever the next season is.)
    - Multitracking is OK
    - Season starts at midnight on SATURDAY HST and finishes at midnight the following Sunday.
    - 3-song limit
    - Prize = local food items for the top 3 entries, which will depend on the customs rules of the country of residence of the winner.

Good luck guys, and keep in mind that Val's fantastic tree season still has a day or so to go, so please keep submitting tree songs.

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by robinboyd; 06-17-2017 at 09:09 PM.

great theme! lovely backdrop in the intro vid! that view is (you know i'm gonna say it, but i'll say it anyway) to die for!

This Season's going to be a killer one!
    "Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

I should mention that if Justin Bieber happens to die this week, I will accept tributes to him, in which case Randy's prediction will be correct.

This sounds like fun, Robin! Death .... FUN??? (Just hope, for your sake, there aren't too many "death" puns.)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Yeah well, someones got to put the Fun in Funeral......

The man who invented Benylin has just died. His family say there will be no coffin at the funeral.

Just realised I forgot to mention prizes. The top 3 entries will receive 1 local food item, which will depend on the customs rules of the countries of residence of the winners.

Oh, and I'll make sure that the food item is dead before sending it...

Gonna be a deadly Season.......
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Your request for QOTSA shall be granted Robin!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Thread Information