Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 279 - Red rum (sort of)

Season 279. Submission 1. "Eleanor Rigby" (Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, performed by The Beatles, 1964)

Thank you for hosting, Robin, and your fascinating theme.

Last edited by turtledrum; 06-18-2017 at 01:03 PM.

So I was thinking... surely John Prine must have a song where someone dies...

May have to Thornton Rule the heck out of this one. Do songs about death include songs about those who try to prevent death, however futile the attempt may be? Hope so, because here's one by Warren Zevon about Philip Habib. Title cut from "The Envoy."

KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana PCK-25G pineapple mahogany concert Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides KoAloha soprano (2001 vintage) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    May have to Thornton Rule the heck out of this one. Do songs about death include songs about those who try to prevent death, however futile the attempt may be? Hope so, because here's one by Warren Zevon about Philip Habib. Title cut from "The Envoy."

Not actually a death in the song, but I'll allow it because of the Thornton rule.

J. Cash. 'Nuff said. (except for the issue of which octave to sing it, but ...)

KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana PCK-25G pineapple mahogany concert Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides KoAloha soprano (2001 vintage) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

homemade song

"the ukulele thief"

As promised (threatened?), for the second straight week, here's a song from Blitzen Trapper's "Destroyer of the Void" album. This is called "The Man Who Would Speak True".

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Well - it ain't "Tell Laura I Love Her", but I hope this qualifies - thanks for the Season Robin!

Scott in New York City, NY - USA ...
    (I smile when I play my Pono ATSH-PC Tenor and MGBD Mango Baritone ukes...)
    My YouTube Channel

This is the first track from the Violent Femmes' 1984 album Hallowed Ground. I saw on Wikipedia today that this band was listed under the genre "folk punk"... that's a new term for me anyways.

I kinda think the Femmes' frontman was inspired by Dylan's Hollis Brown when writing it as they're quite similar. I kinda hope someone covers Hollis Brown this week. I did so back in week 127, and it's my favorite murder song.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Thread Information