EQ settings ?

frigiliana

Reaction score
Could someone advise me as to the best setup for EQ when you have settings on your Ukulele and on your amp should they mimic each other or as near as possible or are the EQ settings on the amp more important as to the tone your aiming to achieve or am i talking a load you know what and just get on with playing .
Cheers Dave

Could someone advise me as to the best setup for EQ when you have settings on your Ukulele and on your amp should they mimic each other or as near as possible or are the EQ settings on the amp more important as to the tone your aiming to achieve or am i talking a load you know what and just get on with playing .
Cheers Dave

I usually keep the uke on-board EQ (if any) 'flat' initially to eliminate a variable and work the EQ on the amp. You could take the opposite approach and set the amp 'flat' and use your uke's EQ to dial in a pleasing sound. Are the EQ settings on the amp 'parametric' or simple controls (bass, mid, treble)?

Thank you etudes , excuse my ignorance but i'm not sure what parametric is but my amp is the Fishman Loudbox Mini and does have a bass,mid and treble . My ukulele is a Godin Multiuke any feedback would be appreciated.

The EQ on the Godin is very effective so set your amp flat and adjust the uke first. You will want to adjust the amp a bit after that for the most effect, especially if you want to add some reverb and chorus.

Appreciate that imfo cheers DownupDave, i'll have play with the settings as you recommend.

I keep my Amp EQ flat and use the EQ on my Baggs PARA DI to adjust the output of my pickups (which are all MiSi).

Given your rig, I second DownUpDave's suggestion. It will result in the most natural tone.

I adjust both the amp and the uke until I like the sound I'm getting.

I like to set my amp flat, dial in the sound I want with the eq and then use the amp controls from there on out.

Top Bottom