Custom Ko'olau Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello, I don't play uke as much so I am selling a Ko'olau custom, which is very unique in that you don't see too many cutaways and even more rare is the fingerboard is bound which means you don't see the fret ends. I haven't played it much so get one in excellent condition without waiting a year! No trades please. $3,400 shipped.

Retail Price on this is over $4,800! You don't see the option of bound fretboard on HMS site.

KOOLAU CS TENOR CUSTOM

Body Wood: Light Curly Koa
Top Wood: European Spruce
Binding Wood: Dark Curly Koa
Fingerboard - Bridge - Faceplate: Madagascar Rosewood (Upgrade)
More OPTIONS:
Cutaway, (Upgrade)
Flat Fretboard (No Radius)
Bound Fretboard (Upgrade)
Side Sound Port (Upgrade)
High Gloss Finish (Upgrade)
LR Baggs 5.0 Pickup (Upgrade)
Ko'olau case

IMG_6489.jpgIMG_6490.jpg
IMG_6491.jpg
IMG_6492.jpg
IMG_6493.jpg

Here is a video from Kalei...hear what he says at the end.

https://vimeo.com/158184992

Last edited:
Howzit, bruddah Dan!

If this uke had a slotted headsock, I would have pulled the trigger on it as soon as I saw your for sale Thread! You know I'm a sucker for slotheads! Good luck with your sale!

You making a collection, Kimo? Or an Ohana as you island family refer to it ... ;)

You making a collection, Kimo? Or an Ohana as you island family refer to it ... ;)

Howzit, bruddah Simon!

How are you? I hope everything's good with you! You know how it is ... UAS, brah!!!:shaka: I'm currently over stocked with ukes, so I will be selling a few when I have time to post them here in the Marketplace. The bad thing is ... I keep buying more ukes!!! ... I think I need an intervention, for sure!!!:uhoh:

this is a very special uke sold at a pretty steep discount. I hope that someone takes note of this!

Wow, this is a beautiful uke! It sounds wonderful, and the koa with the sapwood looks very cool!

it's a very nice uke! Good luck with the sale!

Howzit, bruddah Dan!

If this uke had a slotted headsock, I would have pulled the trigger on it as soon as I saw your for sale Thread! You know I'm a sucker for slotheads! Good luck with your sale!

Bruddah Kimo, long time no talk!

You know I'm a sucka for slotted too but the Ko'olaus slotted are not comfortable because it flares out lower than other ukes I've tried. My initial order was slotted but changed my mind after trying to hold a few.

Bruddah Kimo, long time no talk!

You know I'm a sucka for slotted too but the Ko'olaus slotted are not comfortable because it flares out lower than other ukes I've tried. My initial order was slotted but changed my mind after trying to hold a few.

I prefer the solid head stocks for the same reason as well. Playing chords: 1100 or 0101 are a lot easier with the solid head stock.

Price lowered to $3,300 shipped.

I would be interested in trade for a carbon road bike if you're in the LA area. 54cm" but not sure since I'm new to biking. :)

Price lowered to $3,300 shipped.

I would be interested in trade for a carbon road bike if you're in the LA area. 54cm" but not sure since I'm new to biking. :)

have you checked with Eddie...you guys around the same height....and he has lots of friends who ride.....since I been on my bike my A1C is 5.5....:)

have you checked with Eddie...you guys around the same height....and he has lots of friends who ride.....since I been on my bike my A1C is 5.5....:)

Thanks, Len. Yes, I've spoken with Dan about bikes recently. Just a few weeks ago I sold my Fuji Altamira with Red eTap that would have been great. Took a bath on it, too. Best pure road bike I've ever owned. But as I'm doing a lot of gravel riding, I decided just to ride my gravel and my vintage bikes. I don't really need a 15 lb race bike any more. And I don't really think Dan needs one...yet. ;-)

What an insult Len...I'm a good one inch taller! hahaha J/K

I spoke with Eddie and after the sale, I'll talk to him more. I gotta get my A1C lower too!

I wish that I had a worthy bike to trade Daniel. That is one sweet sounding ukulele. Alas, I am all out of uke cash once again. (not a bad thing)!

I wish that I had a worthy bike to trade Daniel. That is one sweet sounding ukulele. Alas, I am all out of uke cash once again. (not a bad thing)!

Hey Dana

Good to hear from you! I hope you are doing well and I see you got a new toy ��

I don't play as much and since my other ukes have personal inlays, this is the one that has to go. It's a great uke

Here's a video I made about 5 months ago

Sweet looking and sounding Ko'olau, Dan. This uke would be at the top of my list, if I was looking for an outstanding tenor right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom