Duke 10 Banjo Ukulele anyone?

besley

Reaction score
As many of you may have seen by now, Ed has a new offer to get his Duke 10 off the ground.

Everyone, including us, was so disappointed and surprised that we didn’t get the sales we expected launching the DUKE10, but honestly, feeling miserable is just a waste of time.

All we want are the funds to produce this excellent instrument, so it occurred to us that there may be a way of changing a loss to a win.
Before you go any further CLICK HERE to see and hear what the reviewers say.

Here’s the idea. The DUKE10 has a price of US$389, but if you and 3 of your friends each buy (in one order) 4 DUKE10s we will sell you:
1 for US$190 and 3 for US$286ea - delivered to their and your addresses.

This is a cost-plus offer and can NEVER be repeated, made possible by our determination, with your help, to make the DUKE10 happen. We’ll give it a month – until July 15.

We’ll take the profit hit to get our DUKE10 off the ground.
Here’s how it’ll work - to begin, email us that you’re in, (ed@dukeuke.com) and that by July 15 you’ll advise quantities to us. Then if we get the numbers (160) we’ll ask you to pay us and we’ll hit the “go” button. I’ll keep you posted on our progress. Delivery remains unchanged at November​

I am putting together a foursome, and need just one more player. Anyone interested? If so, please send me a PM. You can be located anywhere, as the others in our group are in Minnesota, Arizona, and Australia!

The Duke 10 has been receiving amazing reviews. Check out Bazmaz's review to hear it in action.

I have the Duke 8, as most everyone here knows. For the money, it is an amazing little instrument. I could have paid $100 more and still would feel I got a great deal.
I want a 10, but I am just now retiring from nursing, so I have to watch my money (such a pity, no?)
I posted this ad on my uke club's FB page....
I hope the 10 makes it!

As one of the early prototype reviewers, I too was disappointed to see these not reach the Kickstarter goal. I really do hope that the alternative Ed is pushing works for one simple reason. They are SUPERB!

As one of the early prototype reviewers, I too was disappointed to see these not reach the Kickstarter goal. I really do hope that the alternative Ed is pushing works for one simple reason. They are SUPERB!

Couldn"t agree more!

I'm in as one of Besley's 4 here! Come on people!

Okay, if I get in, where can I hide this thing so my wife doesn't find out....

Well under the bed is always a good start. But the real problem will be when you start to play it, as it's not exactly quiet. So keep a block of foam or a few socks (preferably clean...) around to muffle the sound.

I'm fairly lucky in that regard, as my wife is into sewing machines, and now owns 11 - just one of which cost over $35,000. So since I presently own only three guitars and two ukes, I still have room to grow!

Well under the bed is always a good start. But the real problem will be when you start to play it, as it's not exactly quiet. So keep a block of foam or a few socks (preferably clean...) around to muffle the sound.

I'm fairly lucky in that regard, as my wife is into sewing machines, and now owns 11 - just one of which cost over $35,000. So since I presently own only three guitars and two ukes, I still have room to grow!

Oh my GOD........the potential for your UAS is almost limitless

Holy Geezus, Joseph, and Mary, I've never even owned a CAR that cost 35 grand! If I had a $35K sewing machine, that sucker better run itself!

Holy Geezus, Joseph, and Mary, I've never even owned a CAR that cost 35 grand! If I had a $35K sewing machine, that sucker better run itself!

Just more proof that ukuleles really are a cheap hobby compared to others. At $3500 for a custom uke from one of the best luthiers in the world seems like chump change

I've got friends that pay $15,000 for a snowmobile they ride once a week for 3 or 4 months out of the year

Last edited:
Just more proof that ukuleles really are a cheap hobby compared to others. At $3500 for a custom uke from one of the best luthiers in the world seems like chump change

I've got friends that pay $15,000 for a snowmobile they ride once a week for 3 or 4 months out of the year

I like how you think! lol

True. A good bassoon that's appropriate for the college level will run you $5000, easy.

Top Bottom