Want to be featured on Got A Ukulele?

bazmaz

Reaction score
Couldn't think where else to post this, but figured this would be least offensive place on UU.

The reason for the post is simple. I am regularly asked by readers of Got A Ukulele 'why don't you have this brand on the site', when they are not there. What people may not realise is that the vast majority of instruments on the site are on loan to me for a short period and go back to the brand. I don't buy them. Heck - if I did, I would be sat on over 150 instruments at home... no - in most cases I rely on the generosity of brands to get them to me. Please note the word LOAN - in most cases they go back. If its not economic to ship them back, they go to charity..

Anyway- the reason for the post is that as the reviews page gets larger and larger (largest independent review database that I am aware of) certain brands are becoming kind of obvious in their absence. Believe me - I DO try and contact these brands but certain names (who shall remain nameless, this isn't a shaming post), just don't reply.

So its really a call to those of you out there who may have connections with brands, or may even REPRESENT a brand and not considered featuring on Got A Ukulele. Perhaps you didn't know it was a loan arrangement? Perhaps you thought I was only after free instruments (not so - you get them back!!) - Either way, get in touch if you are interested in appearing. Yes, I'm in the UK which can be tricky, but we have successfully made it work with many US brands (Ohana, Blackbird etc) in getting them shipped on to one of their UK dealers after review - in other words they were shipping to UK anyway, but bypass the dealer for a short while. Equally some like Mainland have worked with their UK dealer to arrange transport so they need not worry about transatlantic shipping.

The reviews bench is now pretty full for next two months, but I always like to plan ahead. In terms of exposure for your brand - the site gets between 5,000 and 12,000 page views PER DAY, and all reviews come with YouTube videos that are also widely watched (about 2 million watches and counting now). All good traffic if you want to be noticed!

Over to you.. no skin off my nose if certain brands DON'T feature, but as I say, it's becoming hard to explain why to people!

http://www.gotaukulele.com/p/ukulele-reviews.html

Last edited:
Hi Barry,
I'm currently running a custom ukulele shop here for about 3 years now. always want to send you my build just to get peoples opinion, good or bad I always accept it for my own motivation to become a better builder.
after checking the shipping cost from my country Indonesia, seems like need some extra money, but i'll definitely sent you my ukulele one day..
you can check some of my works at www.mahardikainstrument.com andmy instagrams if you have @mahardika_instrument

Top Bottom