G'day from W.A.

D

Dean Beaver

Good Day Underground Ukesters ..
I live in Western Australia, the South West Region.
I've been playing Uke since around 2011 some time, Amateur Ukester.
I've had a few years between then and now when I've been caught up with other things, so starting to get back into Ukulele again nowadays, since purchasing a second hand Tenor which re-kindled my flame for Uke.
There's no Uke Group where I live, so it's pretty much just Me and Uke.
My biggest fan is my Budgie Myrtle, my second biggest fan is my other Budgie Billy. Other than that, not many fans, you know how it is ...
It's a simple intro :)
Thank You to Admin and Fellow Ukesters, I'm feeling well pleased to be a part of the Ukulele Underground Forum
Happy Ukeing Folks ...

Thank You for the welcome Cam :) Good on you cobber :cool:

Hola from sunny Arizona. What's a budgie?

Welcome to the forum!

Hola Amigo :) "Budgie" is the shortened name for Budgerigar. Budgerigars are very small parrot birds which are native to Australia, living Inland in the Outback. They are also household pets in many parts of the world. My Budgerigars are my pets and they live inside with me at home, they love the sweet melodies of the Uke. They don't play Ukulele of course that's my part :)
Pic for you .. View attachment 101107
You can also see Myrtle, my Albino Yellowface Budgie, perched on my Ukebird headstock in my profile pic :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Hibiscus :) We have a just a few varieties of native Hibiscus here in Australia, much smaller and sparse than most other species, however none the less beautiful for it ...

Not to be confused with budgie smugglers.

Top Bottom