Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway 2017

So the question .... When's someone going to do a spinoff uke event in Tampa for the hundreds who missed out on initial ticket sales?

So the question .... When's someone going to do a spinoff uke event in Tampa for the hundreds who missed out on initial ticket sales?

Well, there's only one TBUG per year, hendulele. Ya gotta have a quick mouse finger at midnight. It does sometimes pay to get on and watch the wait list, sometimes ticket holders can't come after all.

There are still tickets left! We had so many more than in the past, some are actually still available!

I was able to get a ticket just last week, and hotel rooms were still available as well.

Looking forward to it.

P.S. Just confirmed that some tickets are still available.

Last edited:
I was able to get a ticket just last week, and hotel rooms were still available as well.

Looking forward to it.

P.S. Just confirmed that some tickets are still available.

Yay! I hope to see you there! I'm on the Board, so will be working, probably wearing a TBUS or TBUG T-shirt. I'll arrive Friday to help set up.

I would love to attend but due to the 'Baroque'* nature of my finances, I am unable to make the trek at this time.

sigh...maybe next year?

*(credit to Nickie for the colloquiam)

I'm so sorry, Booli. We gotta get those finances fixed. I'm all outta debt now, except for a small amount on a credit card cause my kitty got sickie.

I'm so sorry, Booli. We gotta get those finances fixed. I'm all outta debt now, except for a small amount on a credit card cause my kitty got sickie.

Prayers for the sick kitty! Been there, done that. No fun!

Thanks Nickie.

Short of a Gypsy fortune-teller to impart some future winning Powerball numbers, I may be in a Baroque phase for a while.

Also, I am the sole caretaker of my elderly and seriously ill mother, and she cannot really travel, so I am very much landlocked right now.

If I were to go anywhere, (finances permitting to bring her along, and assure her as much comfort and care as possible) I would take her to Hawaii, London, or Australia, but the Powerball factor would have to come through.

So, for now, it's all rhetorical for me.

...however I have TBUG/TBUS on my want-to-see list, so eventually I will see you there. :)

I am also a little afraid that if/when I go to Hawaii, I may not want to return back to the mainland US...but I'll not jump the shark here just yet.

I'm with you Booli. Moved to the Space Coast from Dallas to take care of Mom w/Dementia and Dad w/Physical issues. Didn't expect it. Came to visit and when I saw the condition of their health I moved to take care of them.

Fortunately the expenses are not such an issue; Dad is retired AF Colonel and has good retirement income. I had a successful business I sold and work part-time from home to keep the coffers full. That and finance my UAS which is in full bloom.

Wouldn't be able to travel a short while ago, but now I have a home health aide 8 hours a day, and my only sibling, a sister in Paris, has agreed to come visit on the TBUG weekend.

The call to Hawai'i is strong here. Dad's half Hawai'ian (44% according to DNA) and I have a ton of family on the islands. Each visit makes it harder and harder to leave. Now that I'm (semi-) retired, divorced, and my daughter is off to college there's nothing but the parents keeping me in FL.

Thanks Nickie.

Short of a Gypsy fortune-teller to impart some future winning Powerball numbers, I may be in a Baroque phase for a while.

Also, I am the sole caretaker of my elderly and seriously ill mother, and she cannot really travel, so I am very much landlocked right now.

If I were to go anywhere, (finances permitting to bring her along, and assure her as much comfort and care as possible) I would take her to Hawaii, London, or Australia, but the Powerball factor would have to come through.

So, for now, it's all rhetorical for me.

...however I have TBUG/TBUS on my want-to-see list, so eventually I will see you there. :)

I am also a little afraid that if/when I go to Hawaii, I may not want to return back to the mainland US...but I'll not jump the shark here just yet.

@Prattism - seems like we have some good things in common, thanks for sharing the details :)

I've never been to visit Hawaii yet, and my fear of not coming back is more due to the fact that there's really nothing to keep me here except for my mother. If she came with me, then it's a done deal...

I am ready to start over - so why not go to a place that looks like paradise and has ukulele as a standard part of the culture?

I'm pretty sure that if I could go to Hawaii, and take Mom with me, I wouldn't come back to FL....

There are still a few tickets left for TBUG, so if you haven't got yours yet.....but don't wait too long.
http://tampabayukulelesociety.com/

There are still a few tickets left. I think this is gonna be fun!

tbugflyer.jpg

Just came back from TBUG 2017. What a great time! Good workshops -especially Aaron Keim and Del Rey. Anyone who gets the chance next year should come. You won't be sorry! A nice mix of workshops, open mics, and jams. Also a wonderful way to network with like-minded uke junkies. ;)

Top Bottom