Ashton UKE100 Soprano - Reviewed

bazmaz

Reaction score
I was delighted to be given one of these...my surname is Ashton...I've taken it out of the case once. It now resides at the back of a cupboard, never to see the light if day again. Now, I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I think even James Hill or Jake Shimabukuro would struggle to get a decent tune out of it.

I think that's true - you often hear people say that the likes of Jake could get a tune out of any instrument. The issue with this one is it doesnt fulfill even the most basic requirements of an 'instrument'..

I was delighted to be given one of these...my surname is Ashton...I've taken it out of the case once. It now resides at the back of a cupboard, never to see the light if day again. Now, I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I think even James Hill or Jake Shimabukuro would struggle to get a decent tune out of it.

This is a web series that would be fascinating to watch. Ukulele virtuosos play bad instruments....

Wow, that was hard to watch. You looked like somebody had slipped bitters into your good smooth brandy.
It's horrible that companies like that want to rip people off and damage the reputation of the ukulele, which is just as important an instrument as a piano, or a cello, to my mind.
At least we get a good laugh out of it. Reminds me of some of the crap Walmart (Ick) sells in their awful stores.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel about this instrument! :p

Unfortunately, there are countless instruments out there, including band and orchestra instruments aimed at school kids that are equally dreadful. People try to sell these instruments to make a quick buck from unsuspecting people. (Hey honey, look at this, It is a great price and cool color. It looks like a ukulele!) There is no quicker way to turn someone off to music than to give them a piece of crap to play. Maybe this should be sent to the Island of Misfit Toys along with the choo-choo with square wheels.

There is always a place for these types of instruments.

Do you have a fireplace?

Just to add to this. I found an 'amazing' offer on one of Ashton's 'better' ukuleles. It was a uke300smh. And it was awful. The 'solid' ukulele is at best a solid-top. The rest of the uke is awful laminate, the intonation is awful and the string slots had splinters.

I've ended up with this uke for no cost and I'm not sure it's worth that!

I hope to fix it up a bit and pass it on. So I'd like to my voice to those saying avoid these ukes.

I had to laugh so much because of the hologram sticker.

It is one thing to produce rubbish and sell it cheap but to produce rubbish, sell it cheap and put a hologram sticker on it is such a bad move ... what a ridiculous thing to do.

Hilarious huh! Just so you can be sure you are owning GENUINE rubbish...

Top Bottom