Season 280: Before The Breathin’ Air Is Gone

This is done especially for season 280.
Rivers are fine if they ain't angry. Floating is fun.
I've rafted the Nymboida and canoed an angry river with my nephew.
The angry river claimed the canoe and almost claimed my nephew on a strainer.

a JJ Cale song.

Last edited:
From the No Nukes Concert

I used to play this on mandolin, but as this is a uke forum.....:).
It's a bit of a pain to sing frankly, it goes high then low then high then low etc etc. It's about leaving the rat race I guess, and choosing a simpler country life instead.

header.jpg

Every day is bringing such a treasure trove of amazing and beautiful songs!

NotAnotherLinda • Bad Moon Rising • Wow wow. Surly Mac's harp makes this just plain magic! Well done, both of you!

IamNoMan • Pollution • Man, Lehrer could write 'em! And you can play 'em!

Recovering Bassist • Swamp grass • Well, that was fun! Outstanding!

turtledrum • Cloudy • Such a terrific choice, and such a wonderful performance!

bird's eye view of my ukelele • WOLF'S SONG • Wolves on a Kit Kat uke! That's a mighty good thing!

AlanDP • Buzzards in Love • The only ones around my parts are the turkey buzzard. I love watching them soar the thermals. This is a fun song, and of course your performance is amazing!

Jazzbanjorex • The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine • I almost did this for Tree Week! It's a fun song, and I like your version a lot! Did you notice I put a couple green-screen items in my opening vid?

lelouden • Through The Woods • Wow, this is a beautiful song! I am SO happy that you took some time out of your week to play a few, I really do appreciate it!

bird's eye view of my ukelele • THE WIND • Oooooh, I like this one. I read once that because of the way air molecules mix there's a 100% chance that every breath you take contains molecules from every other person in all of history. So in a way, we are all connected!

thesillydave • the pollution song • You can't go wrong with Tom Lehrer! And a boater! Love it!

TCK • A hymn for June • Wow wow wow. What a wonderful song, and what a wonderful presentation. I sat transfixed on every word. Just lovely.

Desert Pavement • Society • This is a really good song, and I love your take on it!

pabrizzer • Ride the River • What a terrific sound you've created here! I love this a lot!

Rusty • Power • A perfect song for the Season. Outstanding!

One Man And His Uke • Goodbye Yellow Brick Road • In my estimation, one of the best songs ever written. Reggie and Bernie at their best. Terrific take on this, I love it!

Warning: this song is hardcore old timey hillbilly country, which is not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I love it.

Not the best vocal today but I like playing this one:

I have an important meeting tomorrow (which is good) so I threw this together today. Given the pre-chorus, I had to frame the shot in this exact way.

As soon as I checked out this thread, with its many weather-related videos, I knew what I had to do. With apologies to Jeff Lynne, here's my over-the-top yet underproduced version of an Electric Light Orchestra classic.

First time I've got my head round checking in for a while... I haven't even picked a uke up in the last 10 days! This will not do!

I love your theme, Randy... perhaps I'll get a chance to contribute before your week is out. There are some great songs there already!

As soon as I checked out this thread, with its many weather-related videos, I knew what I had to do. With apologies to Jeff Lynne, here's my over-the-top yet underproduced version of an Electric Light Orchestra classic.

I'm not seeing the video, gg!

A redo of a Tom Waits song I did recently.
This one for season 280 with no effects - just straight as it comes.
Still has some nasty images though.....

Top Bottom