Season 280: Before The Breathin’ Air Is Gone

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score
As many of you know, I serve on the Board of Directors at a local environmental center, and I have been active in ecology and nature most of my life.

Let's do some songs about Nature this Season.

Don't forget that Season 279 continues through Sunday!

The Rules:
• Your song must be newly-recorded for Season 280.
• Don’t post any videos that are not entries – put those things on the Island.
• The video must say it’s for Season 280, either written or verbalized.
• No Song Limit!
• Multitracking is fine, but the ukulele must be prominent.
• You may of course choose to write a song for this Season!
• The Season runs eight days, starting at midnight Hawaii time, Sunday, June 25th, and ending eight days later at midnight, the end of the day, Sunday July 2nd.
Finally - There will be Prizes!

Playlist

Last edited:
Yay! Great theme, Randy! Laura Nyro time (for someone, probably not me ... ) !

Can they be angst ridden and slightly pissy? I hope so. This theme makes me so happy. Excellent

Can they be angst ridden and slightly pissy? I hope so. This theme makes me so happy. Excellent

Angsty, pissy, silly, happy, angry, holy, cheeky, sexy, phony, arty, uppity, sappy, naughty, rocky, showy, wildly, or shaggy. All good.

"Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe"

This'll be good Randy. Thanks for hosting this week :)

Hmmmm... Am I feeling lazy or ambitious? I had a song that fits almost ready to go a few weeks ago, but there's also an instrumental that I wouldn't mind trying. The trouble is that all of the tabs I can find are a bit dodgy, so it's going to take a bit of work.

Oh the temptation to head over to the local nudist beach at Studland with uke and do a choon naturist styleeeeeeee. :cool:

NAYCHA!!! Splendid theme, Randy ... I had no idea you were an eco warrior! Definitely feel a touch of the hippies coming on!

Oh the temptation to head over to the local nudist beach at Studland with uke and do a choon naturist styleeeeeeee. :cool:

I was on a coach in the Orkney isle to see the Ark Royal that was sunk in Scapaflow
by German submarines during WWII, and the driver said, if you look to the left you
can see the remains of the old Italian POW camp, and if you have looked to the left
then you have just missed the nudist beach on the right.

Both Nina Simone and Sinead O'conner have done versions of this song.
I have used Gustave Dore's illustrations for Dante's Inferno for the video.
You have to ask yourself who is responsible for environmental changes
that are to the detriment of the planet.

Last edited:
I worked on this song some about a year ago, wasn't going to keep this first try/take this morning, but I did cause my dog Rayna makes a nice appearance at the beginning, so I kept it for the "cute factor". lol

Been wanting to try this one for awhile, but it was tougher than I anticipated. Tried several takes, this is the best I got, still rough, but I had fun trying.

oooooooooooooooooooooh! visions of inspector clouseau in "a shot in the dark" with a guitar covering his modesty! :music: :stop:

ok, managed to catch a break in the cloud cover today for this vid!

"skysong" by flunk

Top Bottom