Adirondack Spruce with Master Grade Ebony Back and Sides
Maple body binding, fretboard binding, and Headstock Binding, BWB top purfling
Misi pickup
MOP thumbnail fretboard markers and headstock logo
Gotoh UPT tuners
soundhole and Side Sound port bound in maple with BWB purfling
gloss lacquer finish
Original custom fitted G.W. (Ameritage) case for ML shape

Custom ordered from Jerry Hoffmann and received September 2015. Total build cost was $2950. Action was set perfectly at 2.5mm and has stayed there consistently. Well taken care of, I use the Boveda humidification system which keeps it in the 45-50% humidity range perfectly, always in case when not being played. She has been played obviously but is in beautiful condition with barely any playing marks, no cracks or finishing issues and just a beautiful sounding and looking instrument, she was my baby for sure! Currently strung with oasis brights with a fremont soloist low g.

Looking for $2000 plus shipping and any paypal fees associated. Take a look at pictures below and sound sample and feel free to ask any questions!

DSC_0571.jpgDSC_0572.jpgDSC_0574.jpgDSC_0575.jpgDSC_0576.jpg

https://app.box.com/s/hjg3g39l5bipj99it5onazh5rdn35wgd

Last edited:
What a great value. Some of Jerry's ukes have been going for $3k plus on The Ukulele Site and are well worth it. I would have a really tough time parting with mine. Good luck with your sale.

Do you have the fitted gardcshell case with It? Fantastic looking ukulele. I've always liked Jerry's "pinned" nut. What is it like when you play. Do you notice it's pinned (i.e. String move at all)? I've always thought it was a brilliant system. Change strings with whatever guagevyiu want and not worry about nut slots binding? Curious on you opinion and whether it has a case. Thanks

Hoffmann/Boat Paddles play very smoothly. The pinned nut works well and is great for string changes. The only downside I found, and this is very minor, you may get some string buzzing when bending-up a note. However, the overall quality of these ukes is superb.......and they rank up there with the best customs.

Last edited:
I want it, but out of my range. I'm extremely impressed with his work.

Do you have the fitted gardcshell case with It? Fantastic looking ukulele. I've always liked Jerry's "pinned" nut. What is it like when you play. Do you notice it's pinned (i.e. String move at all)? I've always thought it was a brilliant system. Change strings with whatever guagevyiu want and not worry about nut slots binding? Curious on you opinion and whether it has a case. Thanks

Edited ad to include that yes the original custom ML case is included.

Best compliment I can give to the pinned nut system is that it plays perfectly like a normal nut, and I've never even come close to buzzing the thing no matter how hard I play it or how hard I bend, slide, or pull off with the fretting hand, the string tension keeps it "locked in" perfectly. String changing options become easier and more diverse :)

Really lovely uke. Have not seen one in person, but have admired much of Jerry's work digitally. I wish I could pull the trigger on this one but alas I cannot. Someday...

Congrats in advance to whomever scores this lovely instrument.

What a beautiful instrument! I love the woods! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom