anyone heard of Rainbow Ukulele Shop hawaii ?

tangimango

Reaction score
anyone been to Rainbow Ukulele Shop? or ordered from there website www.rainbowukulelehawaii.com

Theres one ukulele i wanted priced really good. Was thinking of ordering a ukulele from them , wanna hear some feedback.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
No idea about the shop, but the Grape brand ukuleles they are selling sure look pretty. Never heard of the brand, so no idea about quality, sound or playability.

Looks like a startup selling page. No details about owners. No details about location. No details about after sales service or set-ups. Prices "reduced" to what they should be anyway. Uses the word "Hawaii" to attract attention. No interest from me. I would not expect a lot if your sale does not go as you planned it.

Not exactly. The home page says they provide free setups, provide free cases, and provide free shipping to locations in the U.S.. The word Hawaii is used to indicate that they are located in Honolulu, and is also used to distinguish 'ukuleles made in Hawaii from 'ukuleles which are imported. The 'ukuleles which are made in Hawaii come with a hard case.

Yes, the site has a home-grown feel to it. I wouldn't damn them for that.

Last edited:
Deleted. Looks like I missed some fine print.
Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
Looks like a startup selling page. No details about owners. No details about location. No details about after sales service or set-ups. Prices "reduced" to what they should be anyway. Uses the word "Hawaii" to attract attention. No interest from me. I would not expect a lot if your sale does not go as you planned it.

curious, did you have any bad experience with them? you say there prices are what they should be anyway, but there prices seems way cheaper then any other website unless im missing out on some other sites deals. can you send me a link to which website you use that has better prices then this site. im looking to but soon and every dollar saved helps. thanks

It's not too far away from my work,
I may go check out the shop.

went to visit the store front today. Met a nice lady working there, the owner was busy teaching a ukuleles class. They have way more ukuleles then listed on there website.

I went in just to visit but ended up buying a grape birdseye maple concert as it was on a 4th of july sale he included a gigbag and tuner. picking it up later this week when they finish up the setup. I asked for a low action.

went to visit the store front today. Met a nice lady working there, the owner was busy teaching a ukuleles class. They have way more ukuleles then listed on there website.

I went in just to visit but ended up buying a grape birdseye maple concert as it was on a 4th of july sale he included a gigbag and tuner. picking it up later this week when they finish up the setup. I asked for a low action.

Was it a solid wood or a laminate? They sure are pretty, but do they sound as good as they look?

I purchasesd it to give as a birthday present for my kid next month. the one I purchased is laminate, but I believe they have a solid spruce top one. sounded all the same to me. yes they are really nice, almost high end looking if no one knew about the brand. it has a lot of features found on high end ukuleles like the slotted headstock, high gloss finish, arm rest, etc. actually it surprised me that a laminate sounded really good for its price range. it was cheap, probably wont find a nicer ukulele with arm rest in this price range so grabbed one before its all gone.

Was it a solid wood or a laminate? They sure are pretty, but do they sound as good as they look?

cool, thanks for the update

No links. I just looked at the sight without looking too hard. Missed some of the fine print and did not bother to look at the facebook page. Deleted the comments because there was some stuff I missed, which was relevant. You need to do your own research on a shop you choose to buy from. If anyone lives near the physical shop, they would be silly not go and have a look and talk to the staff.

No links. I just looked at the sight without looking too hard. Missed some of the fine print and did not bother to look at the facebook page. Deleted the comments because there was some stuff I missed, which was relevant. You need to do your own research on a shop you choose to buy from. If anyone lives near the physical shop, they would be silly not go and have a look and talk to the staff.

Some may find it a bitter pill, when told some flavor of 'caveat emptor' - but I find your candor to be useful, and good advice, especially when considering and unknown brand or vendor.

Scams abound everywhere, and I apologize in advance for the slightly off-topic - I got 3 intimidating-sounding calls this week in a computer-generated voice from 'Microsoft' telling me that my 'Windows services' would shut down and I would not be able to use my computer unless I called some # (in the Bahamas at $19/min as I found out by searching online) to have them log in remotely and fix my computer.

This is especially offensive since there has been no Microsoft products on ANY computer in my house in the past 10 yrs, all Mac and Linux now, yet my elderly mother might have fallen for it if I was not around to debunk the scam...

So like most things, a little due dilligence never hurt anybody, and I appreciate the skepticism, lest one get burned due to ignorance or being mis-informed.

Top Bottom