New to Ukes in Los Angeles, California

cyber3d

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been practicing with a friend's nice Kala Soprano and yesterday got my own Kala Tenor sized Uke! Still a newbe but, loving it. Joined a local Ukulele Meetup and hope to make lots of new Uke friends both here and there!

Last edited:
Welcome cyber3d!
You will find in this forum a wealth of friendly information. Plus, you won't go wrong with a Kala. smile.

Be sure to visit U-Space in Little Tokyo. Great little cafe/ukulele store with a great selection of instruments (and Jason Arimoto is always working there, offering lessons, etc). A real hidden gem in LA. Look them up on Yelp.

Be sure to visit U-Space in Little Tokyo. Great little cafe/ukulele store with a great selection of instruments (and Jason Arimoto is always working there, offering lessons, etc). A real hidden gem in LA. Look them up on Yelp.

Very cool! I'm on the Westside. But, will check it out!

welcome cyber3d! It is always great to have another uke enthusiast in LA. Which meetup group did you join? (If you don't mind me asking)

2017 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival
Torrance Cultural Arts Center
3350 Civic Center Drive
Torrance, CA

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Seeya' there! ^^

Welcome to UU from a fellow Angeleno (in the South Bay). I second the suggestion for you to check out McCabe's in Santa Monica since you are on the Westside. I took lessons there from Steve Rose in his group classes for years, even though I lived in Pasadena at the time.

Welcome from another Angeleno. I'm near mid-Wilshire/The Grove area, Beverly Center. I frequent all those suggested places, even took bass lessons at McCabes from Denny Croy, and bought my Kala tenor there. U-Space has ongoing events (just participated last week in one). I went to a couple of The Ukes of Culver meetups when it was on Overland Saturday afternoons, but since they moved to the morning and further west, it's too inconvenient for me. My group, The CC Strummers has also performed at The Los Angeles International Uke Festival, well worth the entry fee, but this year it's on Yom Kippur, so I'll be in synagogue pretty much through the day.

I'm from Irvine

Hello fellow Angeleno from another n00b.
My wife and I live in the Gardena/Torrance area.

Top Bottom