Ukin' Kraut

Kewitsch

Reaction score
Moin moin,

My name is Steffen, just short of 30 yo and living in the west of Germany. I started playing the Uke in March, so around 4 months ago. The reason we bought a Uke, was that we're going on a roadtrip and we saw "Oh brother where art thou". After the movie we thought we needed a guitar, a guitar seemed unpractical so went for a Uke (also my girlfriend claims, she told me one year ago, that we needed a Uke, but I just laughed at her).

So somehow I got hooked to Uke-playing. First strumming along with youtube tutorials, learning the usual chords and now making my way into the world of fingerstyle Uke. Currently I'm working on three songs: Europa by Carlos Santana, Speak softly love by I don't know whom and comptine d'un autre été by Yann Thiersen. Afterwards I might try bang bang by Nancy Sinatra, but I start running out of ideas for songs.

One great wish would be the köln concert by keith garret, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Also, I startet reading the Uke syllabus, but it's a bit heavy on the theoretical side for my liking.

Cheers & looking forward to spending time with you guys.

Here's another ukin ' kraut..:) schöner Name:).Hier ist es top...nette, hilfsbereite Leute und Deutsch wird auch von einigen gesprochen /gesungen.

Welcome, Steffen!
Heino
p.S: Good luck with your Keith Jarrett challenge!!!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. :)

(I'm presuming 'tongue in cheek' use of that word, as I've always understood it to be a derogatory term for your countrymen.)

Herzlich willkommen :cheers::cheers:

Grüezi and welcome from another German speaking country south of yours.

greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.
@uke1950: It's indeed not meant very seriously. I don't even like Sauerkraut :D

Kewitsch, welcome! Good going; people get offended way too easily nowadays. I'm not German but I like sauerkraut.

Top Bottom