Marketplace.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Not a change as such, just get sellers to prefix the ads with location. I get excited about an ad, click to look and it's in the US with no UK shipping. Kills me every time I see a vintage Martin soprano slip away. :p

FWIW, it never hurts to ask :)

A little perspective: overseas shipping is a pain from the U.S., at least in my experience. As a U.S. seller, I always say U.S. only - actually, continental U.S. only. But I include shipping by UPS in the cost of the uke - I know it's always around $50 and it's reliable, but only for ground transport. I've never used UPS for overseas because it's extremely slow and prohibitively expensive.

However, I've had buyers from Hawaii and from the UK who were willing to pay extra to subject me to the hassle of going to the United States Postal Service to ship. It's definitely a huge hassle - USPS is only open when I'm at work, so I have to take unpaid time off to go, and once there they treat you abusively and with USPS it's an all around crapshoot whether or not the uke will ever reach its destination. But if a potential buyer really wants a uke I am offering, and they are willing to (a) assume the risk that it may never get there, and (b) compensate me for the time and hassle, I'm always willing to work with them.

Not a change as such, just get sellers to prefix the ads with location. I get excited about an ad, click to look and it's in the US with no UK shipping. Kills me every time I see a vintage Martin soprano slip away. :p

Unless it became part of the forum official 'rules', I think that asking a crowd to change their habits is likely to be a similar exercise in futility as one of herding cats.

However, I do think that it would make reading the Marketplace section more efficient.

You may want to PM one of the moderators directly if you wish to get an official reply from anyone with the power to influence the rules.

I imported a guitar from the US to the UK once. I'm surprised it arrived ok. It was packaged well but I'll assume customs tried to have a look and tore the box. Plus after all that there is customs charges.

I may PM a mod, thanks for the suggestion Joe.

I agree. Either a US only prefix or a new Marketplace Europe

Top Bottom