Season 281 - Hello and Goodbye

Ah, it took me a few days to find time to put one of these together. Still plenty of time for many more versions. (No pressure, of course.)

Terrific challenge this Season, Liz. So many great options for everyone! Whee!!

Been super busy at birdland so I could not check, but I am sure this is here a bunch. That said it is one of Mel's favorite songs so we played it for ya anyway ;)

Goodbye Mr Chips, an original written for season 281. Feature concert Uke and some mighty complicated glockenspiel shredding. Oh yes indeed. Thumbnail is a bit misleading but I can't edit it.....

Here is my Berni Original for this week. We all know someone who has been in a toxic relationship and blames the other for their predicament, before finally realising that the decision to start the relationship and stay in it was an act of self immolation... That's the journey the narrator makes as he (or she) tells you this sorry tale.

I hope you all enjoy it. I know TCK (Dave) will - it's a Berni Original Reggae!

Very enjoyable week! My entry is a song with both "Hello" and "Goodbye" in it. The original version was called "Telegram Of Love" and it was a duet between people in New York and in Rome, Italy. But in 1960s space traveling was a popular theme, and so the duet got new lyrics - one person is "in Cosmos" and another "on Earth". This vid was my first intergalactic collaboration, so it's quite a mess. :)

Here's the last one from me. One of my favourite ever songs. Perfect slice of a indie-pop from a very underrated band called The Coral. Well worth checking out the original because it just can't be done justice on a uke but I've tried.

Only briefly says the word goodbye but it's what the whole song is about.

First of all, thanks to Liz for letting this one in. It does have the phrase "Get lost!" in the second verse, so that made it.

I have been playing around with this number for a few years. It's from Tom Verlaine's first album. Unfortunately, I encountered a number of technical challenges in recording this one, but this will have to do. It's not your normal uke tune.

my final contribution for this season standard Uke tune

More comments

Guzzler - I enjoyed hearing this song! You did a great job on it!

Turtuledrum - When Johnny Comes Marching Home - Such a sad song, the banjo uke you used but it really fit the song!

Recovering Bassist - Hello Trouble - Such a happy song! Loved your version!

Tommy - Dr Jazz - What a cute uke you have! I haven't heard this song before but is it a nice one! Especially the picking part!

One Man and His Uke - Hallo Spaceboy - Nicely done! I like how it brings in Major Tom too! Your strumming is so nice!

Greyghost - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Who better to sing with? Nice one!

Steve - Say Goodbye to Hollywood - I never realized how many Billy Joel songs have hello or goodbye in them! This one was really well done, I really enjoyed it!

Gina - Angie - Your voice really fits this song! I enjoy your picking style too!

Fred - Hello Mary Lou - Nicely done! Very peppy! Makes me what tap my toes! Thanks for bringing it to the season!

BEVOMU - LSD - Wow! That tuning sound so different! It really adds a lot to the song! Nice one!

Uke4ia - Hello it's me - You have a really neat strumming style for this song. I think it added a lot to the song!

Randy - When I kissed That Girl Goodbye - Very cute song! I haven't heard this one before but I really enjoyed it!

Forte - Aloha - Wow! This is fantastic! I really enjoyed it!

Stanley - Goodbye Dolly Grey - This is an interesting compilation! I wouldn't have thought to combine them like that!

BEVOMU - It's time for you to go - I love this song! Your voice sounds great!

UGH...I said 282!!!!!!! I think I said that twice!!
Dang.
I played the Blasters though...does that negate my error? I hope so

Had been trying to get my head around another song which just wasn't coming together, and I was going to do this one anyway, but put it on the Island because a) I would have done my 3 by now, and b) Rex has already done a real fine cover of this. Anyway, here it is. I wouldn't say I was a massive Lionel Ritchie fan, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge a great song for what it is. I think my perception of this song was coloured a bit by the slightly corny video that went with it ;)

More comments:

Guzzler - We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye - Ah, such a nice summery tune! Makes me want be on the beach! Your singing and playing are great!

Gugu and Gorilla - the glass is full - Very cute crochet pieces! I have missed seeing your original pieces lately, sound great!

29moons - Goodbye Girl - This one seems to be popular this season! Your version is wonderful! The Great Job singing!

TottlinGeoff - The Leaving of Liverpool - New one to me but very nice! Your uke sounds great and your singing too!

Tommy - Hello Muddah Hello Faddah - That is a great story you gave us that I vaguely remember from summer camp. Great version of the song too!

OnlyUkethatmatters - Hello Goodbye! - This is my favorite Beatles song so I glad we are getting a few of them. I really like your version especially the picking part. You use your voice in a great way as well. That extra verse on the end is Fab!

Cloverdale Kid - This is no way to say goodbye - Lovely song adding a great mood to the season! Love this one!

Gary - Hello Mary Lou - What a great job! Your voice and playing are so strong and true!

One Man and His Uke - Goodbye Mr. Chips - This one is great! I love the bells with it. This one is great!

Berni - Hello and Goodbye - Great Tune! Love the laid back Reggae feel!

Kolibri - Hello Cosmos, Hello Earth - This is so cool! Loved it!

I was searching for chords to a song from one of the first records I ever nought; Peter Criss' first solo album. The song is Kiss The Girl Goodbye. Didn't find those chords but I did stumble across chords for this song; Kiss The World Goodbye by Kris Kristofferson. I instantly fell in love with it. Gotta make a promise to myself to listen to more Kristofferson.

I'll have to finish my comments and the wrap up on Monday as my home internet is on the blink.

Thanks everyone for participating! I have loved everyone's videos!

Top Bottom