Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Season 281 - Hello and Goodbye

Here's my one and only entry for this week. I did not think I was going to be able to submit anything, however, I was able to squeeze this one in today.

Production notes are in the Youtube description.

This video has multi-tracking of a whole band ensemble, and everything was recorded in a single take. I had to practice the bass line for like 3 hrs yesterday to get it down. Including both the audio and video recording and editing, production time was about 6 hrs, and while not perfect, it is what it is and right now, due to time constraints, I have to let it be.

I wish I could sing better (no time lately for practice), but it's been about 9 months since my last Seasons video, so without further ado, please have a look:

https://youtu.be/zPScZeAwGto

FYI- me doing this video was inspired by the one that BEV did some time back, and link to her video is in the description on YouTube.

whoa booli that was so great! fab cover and SUPER vid!

Summer is so busy but I took time out from gardening and summer fun to record this for your Season Liz. It's a great theme.

Looks like I bit off more than I can chew again. Oh well, it won't take too much more effort to get the solo right, and then I'll give you all a great cover of Comfortably Numb...

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    Looks like I bit off more than I can chew again. Oh well, it won't take too much more effort to get the solo right, and then I'll give you all a great cover of Comfortably Numb...
    Looking forward to that. I toyed with it bit too but went another direction so I would love to see it make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    whoa booli that was so great! fab cover and SUPER vid!
    Seconded... nice multitrack and concept too. Kudos Booli!

Quote Originally Posted by librainian View Post
    Looking forward to that. I toyed with it bit too but went another direction so I would love to see it make an appearance.
    I decided that it really needed the solo multitracked in there to make it work. I've got it 80% nailed, but I've run out of time to even record a basic version. It can go in my bag of songs that are nearly ready, so I can dust it off for a future season. I was thinking you might do this one, actually. You, Rex, or Alan Thornton. I'm very surprised to see it didn't make an appearance.

Default Yeah, Hello - Original Song

OK, long time no post., I've been busy with other adventures, but it's good to get back, and it's good to see some other old faces turning up as well. Hey Booli!

Here's a demo for new original song. Electric Ukulele and Garageband. Sometimes the people that have the least to say, spend the most time saying it...

I've been told that the secret to playing the ukulele is to continue to play the ukulele even after you have been asked to stop.

www.ArtoftheCell.com
    My Ukulele Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Y...Io4q2PUVFeFoVQ

I'm not sure if this one will finish processing or not. (My phone hasn't been doing well today, I guess.) Hopefully, it'll work. But maybe not. Either way, I sure had fun this Season!

Edit: Whoa. It took like eight tries to upload this one successfully. Hmm, maybe my phone isn't so smart.
    Last edited by TheOnlyUkeThatMatters; 07-10-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Ryan - Dreaming of you - Nicely done! I really like your instrumental parts especially.

Big King - The Grip of Love - Nice fireworks! I've never heard this song but you were really rockin' it!

Stanley - Bye Bye Blackbird - An oldy but a goody! Love your banjouke!

TCK - So Long Baby - Nice whistling! I was humming along...I play along at my lunch time!

Big Daddy Uker - I gotta go - Yes, I am glad to welcome a song all about leaving even without the Goodbye word! I enjoyed hearing this one! It fits your voice really well. Great Job!

Lil - Friends never say Goodbye - That big ol' uke sound really nice, what kind is it? I like the strumming! Great Job!

One man - Hello - Your voice sounds so sad and smooth. I love your version of this song!

Alan - Mary's Movin' On - Great song! Getting in that bluesy grove is so nice!

Ukuleledaddy - Kiss the world goodbye - I haven't heard this one before but I really like it. The sound of your voice is very nice and so sweet!

Silly dave - 50 ways to say goodbye - Oh such a wonderfully silly song! Love the hat too! Not to mention that strumming ... so great! Love this one!

I'll do some more on my lunch hour.
    Liz

Ohana Tenor TK50 MG - solid cedar top
    Red Soprano Mahalo
    Kala Waterman
    Green Kala KA-CEM Exotic Mahogany Concert (Low G)
    Purple Bugsgear Soprano

Thread Information