Season 281 - Hello and Goodbye

281-1

I admit that was the first song that came to mind, but I'm determined to do a version of the second song that came to mind, even though I know Rex is going to beat me to it.

I beat you too it! But I don't mind if you cover this song too.

Last edited:
This song was written by Tin Pan Alley legend Harry Woods, and has been performed by Annette Hanshaw, Diana Krall, and others.

I'll be leaving this afternoon for my annual pilgrimage to the Foundation School of Church Music and won't be back until Saturday. I hope you have a fun season, Liz!

Hello Mary Lou

I decided to do it quick and dirty. Gotta learn some more strumming patterns some time soon.

It has both a hello and a goodbye, and it was the first song that came to mind. Written be Gene Pitney, but mare famous in Ricky Nelsons rendition.

Considering that I actually dislike a lot of songs with a 'Hello' or 'Goodbye' in its title......it will be difficult to find a song I really like..ok, I already have two songs on my mind:) . I also don't sing a song that somebody else has sung before ..if I know about it. So no 'Adele', no 'Lionel Richie' and other contemporary pop crap.Or no Beatles (though I really like it).

Wanted to get this in early. Remarkably easy to play. Jools Holland was not available to do the keyboard break. And I wasn't about to try Tilbrook's solo.

My love of old TV theme songs get a chance to strike again! Yah. Never thought I'd be doing this song, and I figured nobody else would, so here it is. lol This is considered an all time terrible TV show, but as a kid I liked it, and I loved the theme song.

This has been a favorite of mine for a long, long time. For those of you who have never heard it before its time to sing:

Had some frustration here, after several takes I got one I halfway liked, and then pressed the wrong button and lost the video forever, so I had to do it again. Sigh. lol That said, I think I'll try to keep this in my repertoire.

The question now Sean is whether this is the first or second week of trying to get a Kinks streak going.

Also, very nice rendition Rus.

Just when I thought I might beat Pa to the line he slipped two in before me.
Only one song from me this week. A short holiday beckons...

Here's one that skates in with only one "Hello" but it's the first word in the lyrics!

"Life by the Drop" was written by Doyle Bramhall and Barbara Logan and performed by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Peace be unto you brother, wherever you are.

This Tin Pan Alley song was written in 1899, when telephones were in only 10% of American homes. This version is based on Megan Lynch's take on the song.

Seems I'm on a bit of a Josh Homme kick at the moment. This is from his side project, Them Crooked Vultures. You have to wait till the end for the goodbye, sorry.

https://youtu.be/VEJb7oXm5rA

The Copper Family of Rottingdean in Sussex played an important part in preserving English Traditional Song. It started when James (Brasser) Copper was persuaded to write down some of his family's songs. This was continued by his son, also James, who realised that the family's songs were in danger of getting lost. The Copper family had a tradition of unaccompanied harmony singing which continues to this day.

Here is one of the songs written down by Brasser.

My second for this season was originally a poem dating from the 1850s and written by one George Scroggie a miller from Aberdeenshire in Scotland.

Hello Dolly -Big hit for louis Armstrong great trumpeter who never played the ukulele

Top Bottom