Season 281 - Hello and Goodbye

Leaves That Are Green by Paul Simon ends with Hellos and Goodbyes. (as a reminder in case you haven't heard it lately). I like & can recommend his version.... in fact, most of his songs.

While looking for suitable songs for this season (of which there are way more than I expected) I found this one by Grandpa Jones. I enjoyed it so much I gave it a went.

Season 281. Submission 1. "Walk On By" (Song by Burt Bacharach with lyrics by Hal David, 1964. The Dionne Warwick recording from 1964 is outstanding.)

You KNOW I would have to bring one by Chuck Brodsky and this one has tons of Goodbye's and at least one Hello. Here's "The Goodbye Kid"

I can't duplicate the finger picking of the original on only four strings but I gave it a shot.

This is "Farewell, Farewell" by Fairport Convention, written by Richard Thompson when he was in the band. Played on the armadillolele.

Another B-Side, also released on Blood on the Tracks. TCK, with reference to discussion from previous seasons, I would entertain arguments that the A-Side to this is better of the two sides (it's Tangled Up In Blue).

I'm away to a place with no internet until late on Saturday, so this is it for me this season. Enjoy the week everyone!

I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight

I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight was written by Chris Wall. I like both the tune and lyrics in this song, as well as the general topic of your mood determining your music choice (conscious or unconscious, I suppose)

Comments so far:

Pabrizzer - Goodbye - This is one I haven't heard before...I really appreciate you bringing it to my season! I really like it!
-Now is the hour - What a sweet and short little song! I'm so glad you brought it to my season.

Rusty - A rock n roll fantasy - I like this one! Your beat is so steady and you sing it so well!

Jazzbanjorex - Hello - Love this! Such a great version, your voice really fits this song well!

Randy - We just couldn't say goodbye - Nice one! I have never seen such jazzy chairs!

UkeintheheartofTexas - Let's Say Goodbye Like We Said Hello - Lovely song! I really like the warm tone in your voice!

Ukingviking - Hello Mary Lou - This is a wonderful cover! I especially like your chunking!

weegingayin - Hello Goodbye - The first of many I hope of this song! You never fail to disappoint me in your crazy and cool renditions!

Rick - Goodbye girl -This is one I haven't heard before but I really like it! I think I will have to try playing this one too!

RB - Hello Larry - I never caught this tv show but I like the theme for sure! Very upbeat and happy!

Tommy - Hello Mary Lou - Great choice for the season! I really like the uke you are playing, very cool looking.

RB - Goodbye song - I'm glad you finished this one, I really like it! Great Picking too!

Wim - Kite - So glad you did this song.

Andrew - Life by the Drop - You sound so much like Eric Clapton in this song I was sure I had clicked on the wrong video. Great Job!

Randy - Hello my Baby - You do the classics wonderfully!

Ryan - Bandoliers - I'm not familiar with this group but I will be sure to check them out. Especially the instrumental parts!

Tootlin - Farewell to Tarwathie - That uke is so rich sounding, I love it! The song is lovely! your picking adds such a melancholy tone as well.
- Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy - Lovely song and your playing is excellent.

Stanley - Hello Dolly - This song sounds great on the banjolele! You even sound a lot like Satchmo!

dickadcock - Leaves that are green - I had forgotten about this one. You're voice sounds awesome with your picking.

Pabrizzer - Hello blues - This is a great song! I have never heard it but I really like it!

Turtledrum - Walk on by - You never disappoint me with your smooth vocals and fantastic picking! Lovely song!

I am exhausted! I will do more tomorrow, thanks everyone for posting!

I butcher yet another Dave Alvin/Blasters song, this time with an added harmonica component! Grover complained about the first 20 or so takes, and then Rani the Persian (audible at some point in the video) joined in. It's a really good song, promise!

Not to many I can play with my eyes closed...this is one of them. It is from the Cure, and off the first record I ever bought with my own money

Got a couple days off work for some much needed rest. So naturally my son decides to wake up at half 5 in the morning.

Left it a little while so I didn't wake the neighbours up and the decided to go out on the balcony to play a song. MINI-RAB decided to join me so I thought I'd do an upbeat one.

After many false-starts (and some avant garde muting techniques from mini-RAB) here is an abridged version of an Outkast song that defined my early high school years.

Woke up this morning, and the streets were full of cars;
All bright and shiny like they'd just arrived from mars.
And as I stumbled through last night's drunken debris,
The paperboy screamed out the headlines in the street.
Another war, and now the pound is looking weak.
And tell me, have you read about the latest freak?
We're bingo numbers, and our names are obsolete.
Why do I feel bitter when I should be feeling sweet?
Hello, hello, turn your radio on;
Is there anybody out there?
Help me sing my song.
La, la, la, life is a strange thing.
Just when you think you learned how to use it,
It's gone.
Woke up this morning, and my head was in a daze.
A brave new world has dawned upon the human race,
Where words are meaning less, and everything's surreal.
Gonna have to reach my friends to find out how I feel.
And if I taste the honey - is it really sweet?
And do I eat it with my hands or with my feet?
Does anybody really listen when I speak,
Or will I have to say it all again next week?
Hello, hello, turn your radio on;
Is there anybody out there?
Help me sing my song.

Hi Liz! Have been without Internet connection since the end of last week ... just got back on. My first effort for this week; hope to get another one done. Meanwhile, a very happy 4th July to everyone out there!

I had so much bother trying to record this that I very nearly gave it all up as a bad job. Don't know quite why as it's not a difficult song, but I just couldn't get it right.

Top Bottom