Thermal Soaring: original uke/NAF tune

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
How about a little Sunday afternoon flute-n-uke music?
Uke is Cocobolo Ukuleles Super Concert #001 in reentrant C tuning

I like this a lot. I much prefer the sound of a NAF wood flute than those silvered-brass flutes that are so common.

Also that string bed sits in a good place in the mix and ties together the sound of the flute and the ukes, almost like a bridge between them, above and below, like the birds and 'chutists in the video flying over the landscape underneath...

Good stuff Jim! :)

Thanks Brenda. I've only been doing videos for "real" projects for a little while. It's more work than just putting the audio up on SoundCloud. But it is another media for expression and seems to garner more interest these days than audio only. I plan to keep it up.

Thanks Jim, That was wonderful. So much work. You really provided a experience. Lovely video and the music suited it wonderfully. Captured a feeling. Peaceful. For me, watching and listening...I got to meditate on some old glider buddies and wonder where they are these days and what are they doing? Some are gone. Hang gliding in the 70s...was more of a adrenaline rush, rather than mediative, at least in those days, but still...those moments of aliveness!

Great work, Jim, very entertaining. Is some of that footage from the glider port area of the La Jolla,Ca ? Brings back alot of memories.

Great work, Jim, very entertaining. Is some of that footage from the glider port area of the La Jolla,Ca ? Brings back alot of memories.
Hmm, not sure. I got most of the video footage from downloadable content on vimeo. I put the video links in the YouTube description.

Huh, this one does say it is over La Jolla: https://vimeo.com/215519272

Brilliant Jim! I'm new here but really enjoyed! Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom