FS - Kala KA SMHS Soprano. All solid mahogany. Some slight wear. UK based seller

ErnieElse

Reaction score
I have owned this Soprano for about two years. I have too many ukes and it is no longer getting played.

All solid mahogany strung re-entrant gCEA with Aquila strings.

The only signs of use are some smooth patches on the matt-finished soundboard both below the A string due to strumming and above the g string due to Clawhammer and I have tried to show these on the photos. They are purely cosmetic, certainly not the same as scratches and some would argue they enhance the look and show that the uke has been played in.

Both Omega Music and Southern Ukulele Store are selling these for £200. I will accept £95 due to the signs of wear.

I am in Yorkshire, UK and would prefer to sell within the UK if possible.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0472.jpgIMG_0473.jpgIMG_0474.jpgIMG_0475.jpg

Last edited:
I am very happy to say that I bought a Risa LP from this member (ErnieElse) and just thought I would let you guys know that he is a very honest member, the Uke was exactly as described, he packed the Uke really well and he was super prompt with the postage. I would not hesitate to buy from this member again and I would recommend him to anyone looking at this or any of his other items for sale.

Best Regards
Dave :)

Thanks for the kind words Dave.

This uke is still available.

Still available. Price reduced to £95. Thanks for looking.

I have just purchased a distinctive, loud and very cool Deering Banjo Concert Uke from this seller.

This is the second Uke that I have bought from 'Ernie' and once again his accurate description, fast and secure posting, excellent packaging and good communications made him a delight to trade with.

If you are in the market for a Uke then I can confirm he is an honest and honourable person and gets my wholehearted endorsement.

Regards
Dave

Bump. A lovely little solid mahogany Soprano at less than half price due to the slight signs of use around the sound hole. Absolutely no dings. A real bargain.

Nice instrument. Shame it is not in the US. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. I agree. I am sure I would have sold all these instruments by now if they were over there.

I have managed to sell four ukes so far over here in Europe. Hopefully some other people on this side of the pond will see the great deals on offer.

Thanks. I agree. I am sure I would have sold all these instruments by now if they were over there.

I have managed to sell four ukes so far over here in Europe. Hopefully some other people on this side of the pond will see the great deals on offer.

I don’t know how many potential U.K. buyers there are on this forum but my suspicion is both that there’s relatively few and that you would have more success if you used another marketplace. Ken Timms (UK based Luthier) uses eBay to sell his Ukes and, as far as I know, never advertises here - that tells me something. Maybe you’d achieve the hoped for sale easier if you followed that route. Just a suggestion offered in the spirit of trying to be helpful.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. I shall be listing them on eBay this weekend.

Thanks for the comments. I shall be listing them on eBay this weekend.

You are very welcome and I hope that they prove useful. If you select your postage zones and the like carefully then, if you wish, our cousins in the USA can still bid, but beware the hassle of ‘cities’ when posting outside of the EU.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom