600 Post! Thank UU

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
600 Post

So as May 1st approaches (tomorrow) it will mark only my eight month playing ukulele. I picked up the Ukulele on the first of September after a summer full of watching the likes of Seeso & Julia Nunes. At first it was much like many of the other stringed items I had picked up (the banjo, mandolin, bass) I only played it for a bit. But quickly, very quickly I started to play it more and more and it came to be number two to my guitar. After I had some chords down I started to play one song on the uke at my open mics. After about three or four months the ukulele became tied with my guitar for my attention. I now love them BOTH! After learning some of the bare basics were learned I wanted to learn how to make "those videos" you know the kind. I am still so new at all of it. Guitar three years. Ukulele eight months. Video Editing three months.

I started DominicFOUNDtheMOON on youtube in February. Along with the youtube I also joined Ukulele Underground.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the new friends I have made on YT and UU and with music overall. Sometimes it is the only thing that brings my stress down. This community is such a great one. I have gathered something like 120 subscribers in the past three months. And when I say subscribers I think of them more like community friends. People who join together in love of music.

Music for me is more of hobby. But more than that. I know there are a lot of "pros" on here. But for me.. Music is just music. I have no CD's or play "real" shows. I just like to mess around and have fun. Who knows maybe someday I will reach a level where I can play out, and even cobble a CD together.. but for now I am just happy to learn.

It is kind of an odd thought to think that when 120 people log on to YT my videos pop up on there front page. When I post a video it gets viewed about 100 times in a day or so.. and for me.. that IS A LOT! Sometimes I even think a little more before I post. After my COLAB video hit 1000 and faved like 20 times I was kind of in shock.. but a good shock..

So yeah.. Thanks all you guys!! It has been so much fun!!

This summer I plan on playing more, making more videos, playing on the streets of whatever city I am on, and at whatever open mics I can find.

This is just kind of a ramble.. No real point.. except to say THANKS UU people!!

D

You're closing in on me.

Must post more....

Congrats tho.

Well it took ya enough posts to say it, chum!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

i can be long winded.. lost posted.. and a big fat PW

You're closing in on me.

Must post more....

Congrats tho.

i am right on your tail.. hold on.. that did not sound right...

Well done mate, its blokes like you that keep me coming back to UU.

Regards

thanks to you man!!

Well said!

wii <3 u 2

JT

awww loves all around..

Lol! But I'm up to 651 now. Tag, you're it!

i am so tempted to just post whore out right now and head on over to the one thread... but.. but.... i have to drive home.. it has been a long day.. and i have been talking about Ronald Regan and Reganomics all day.. not my fav topic.. so yeah.. i need to get home...

also.. i might whore my self out on the plaza and play the uke for money tonight.. ummm yeah.. that is how broke i am..

my stream it..

d

Oh come on over. Just one won't hurt you.

Where have I heard that kind of talk before?

Top Bottom