Brand Names

I pluck a particular Pono pair - baritone and tenor. I liked the one so much that I wanted another. (Never tried any other brand.)

bratsche

2 vintage Martins - found me by chance on Craigslist.
3 Mya Moes - 2 are 2nd hand, purchased online, and the concert is straight from Gordon, Char and Aaron, built this year.
You'll see the sizes in my signature.

I now have two Martins as well as two Cocobolos.

A Style 1 Centennial soprano has come to live with me, courtesy of the Reverb 4th of July sale.

I have 7 ukuleles, counting my U-bass, only 2 are doubles, the Lanikais...

I have 3 martins, (1 concert S1 vintage;1 S2 soprano vintage; and a S-1 Centennial)
and I have 2 DH ULOs (1 soprano and a tenor)
and a timms which might as well count as a martin though it is nicer!

I have seven instruments currently, and
amazingly no two are of the same brand/make!

My intention is to spread the love and try different makers. However, I do have multiplets of the one brand I appreciate the most, namely Pono. They make so many diverse models with different woods and options and new sizes, like their Nui or their UL. I think they are a great value and right in the spending zone I'm most comfortable with. I have seven of them right now, and two more on order (crazy, I know).

I have 3 from the Magic Fluke Co., 1 Martin (vintage), 1 Mainland and 1 Oscar Schmidt. (See my collection below for the specifics.)

Scooter

I have 2 Onos, the rest are unique.

I have 3 martins, (1 concert S1 vintage;1 S2 soprano vintage; and a S-1 Centennial)
and I have 2 DH ULOs (1 soprano and a tenor)
and a timms which might as well count as a martin though it is nicer!

How do you rate the Timms beside the Martins? I keep looking for an old Martin soprano but do i need to with a 2017 Timms?

Hmmmm, gotta think a minute...4 Pohakus, 3 vintage Martins, 3 Lyon & Healy, 2 Gibsons, 2 Boat Paddles, 2 Regals, a couple old Harmonys, the rest multiple brands, not even sure how many. I truly had a near-terminal case of UAS for a few years...thank God it's finally under control....or at least in recession!

Cheers!

As far as multiple by the same maker......currently have 16 Martin made soprano ukuleles. Some newer and some older.

Top Bottom