Howdy from hotter than heck Central Texas

aggiedude

Reaction score
I've been "attempting" to learn the acoustic guitar off and on for 15 years and still stink (I'm 54 yr old male if that matters ) ...Happened to ask my daughter if I could borrow their Cordoba 15Cm and am now hooked and it just seems easier to learn the uke probably due to the 4 versus 6 strings, but I love the sound.....Just received my personal Oscar Schmidt OU5 and that's what I'll be messing with from now on...Anyhow, thanks for the site and I'm sure I'll be on often......Have a great one and God bless !

Greetings from hotter than usual UK!
You have made a good decision and will
grow to love your smaller instrument more
and more!

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us. Gave my OU5 to my granddaughter. It wasn't loud, but it sure was sweet sounding. They amplify very nicely with a pickup.

Welcome aboard, aggiedude.

You might want to read up on keeping ukes humidified since central air conditioning dries out the air so much.

Welcome to UU from hotter than heck North Florida! :D

Howdy back at you. In the great state myself, Honey Grove. Just bought my first guitar, Gibson Les Paul. I re tune my Risa lp uku to a baritone uke hoping this will help me with the guitar.

Thanx a million folks....Am now waiting on my special ordered Bonanza concert and a Kala KA-PWS I ordered from Austin Bazaar and can hardly wait for either...Still got the OU5 but neighbors teenager wanted to learn it so I couldn't say no to allowing her to borrow it...Just love the sounds these little things put out !!!!

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us. Gave my OU5 to my granddaughter. It wasn't loud, but it sure was sweet sounding. They amplify very nicely with a pickup.

Yea, neighbors daughter saw mine and was excited about learning to play and I said she could borrow mine so not sure if/when I'll see it again, but dang sweet sound...

Top Bottom