'30s Uke Hardcase, Soprano. Worth?

Neal

Reaction score
No uke involved, but it did house a Martin at one time, no brand markings I can see. Curious what these are worth these days.

Last edited:
I've seen old soprano cases like this go for well over 200 bucks on Ebay .

Wow I should be selling cases rather than vintage Martins. There was a lovely 2M with a nice but newer case that didn't sell for $550.

Last edited:
Wow I should be selling cases rather than vintage Martins. There was a lovely 2M with a nice but newer case that didn't sell for $550.
There was a nice '30s 2M with an old hardshell that had a BIN for 575. That lasted too long before it was snagged.

I will, just don't have a handle on market yet.

It's the old Harptone and Lifton cases that are valuable , the old ones with the narrow headstock part ( too narrow for geared tuners ) .

Thank you Pete, good to know.

Modern cases do protect better, and look good too. These old quality cases have a look to them you don't find in the modern offerings, as well as being pretty protective. The only modern case with this look was from Anuenue, and it only came with a certain model, soprano. Curious that it's not in production.

When the old Grover '20s friction tuners became a 175 dollar auction item, Waverly reproduced them, seems like a case maker would do the same, unless patents are still in other hands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom