Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 282 - Men In Black

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

I loves me some Johnny Cash! Great theme. Thanks for hosting.

I post this hoping the battery on my laptop will last long enough to complete the process. I'm in semi-darkness as we're in the midst of a planned blackout for grid maintenance here in Yangon city. It seems I make a lot of videos when the lights are out. Ain't no TV or other entertainment to distract me.

I have a confession to make. My name isn't really Joko. I changed my name about 10 years ago. Before that, I was Gilbert. I never liked that name although I don't blame my dad for it. That said, I can understand the sentiments of the protagonist in this song.

Last edited by Joko; 07-12-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Well that is funny innit? Not that I would ever condone fighting or consumption of alcohol...
    Well, I have a favorite. Here we go, part two of the session.

Another one from The Man in Black (or one of them, anyway)

Russell
    from Queenscliff, near Geelong, near Melbourne, in Australia

Don't want to tread on Wim's toes here but the minute I saw this on the Johnny Cash list I had to do it. I sung in a band in high school, run by one of the teachers, and this is the first song we did. Auditioned for a show the school was putting on at the local theatre, the guitarist broke a string but we powered through.

Didn't get the gig so now I'm gonna make you lot sit through it instead.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Last edited by pabrizzer; 07-13-2017 at 12:55 AM.

For some odd reason, my banjolele likes to play waltzes about the perils of whiskey. Here is a song named "Don't Sell Daddy Anymore Whiskey". In YouTube a cover by Johnny Cash can be found. Apparently it is from the "Unchained" outtakes.

"The Fiddle Players National Anthem", rightly should be played with at least two fiddles. Each dueling each other in the A part. The B and C parts of the tune are a more conventional breakdown. "Orange Blossom Special" is a twisted tune. The A part is done in the Key of E and the remainder in the Key of A.
    In the original recording in 1939 The Rouse Brothers sang the lyrics, a refinement modern fiddlers would do well to adopt.

Last edited by IamNoMan; 07-13-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    "Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

More Johnny Cash. More trains.

Greetings,

Well Roy's version of Blue Bayou is in a lower key than the later ones covered by others. So I recorded one early this morning to try to capture his style. Maybe not quite, but here it is.

Ciao

Hey y'all. Putting the thumbs up. Collabs welcome if my files are able to be tweaked. Who knows. Might happen. Ciao.

Thread Information