Season 282 - Men In Black

I'm gunna bring End of the Line tomorrow if someone doesn't bring it first.

There are more seasons available for hosting in the Sign up for Future Seasons III thread.

It would be great to see more first time hosts bring a theme along.

You can see all the previous themes in the same thread.

Sorry for the interruption - I love seeing the videos roll in one after the other like they have been...

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I'm doing, trying to sing a Roy Orbison song...

Sorry for the interruption - I love seeing the videos roll in one after the other like they have been...

I'm quite surprised at just how many we have this week, I thought it might be a bit (s)low, being as we are into the holiday season, but I'm pleased to announce that we may hit the hundred before the week is out. It's been a great Season so far, & I'm glad everyone is enjoying my theme. :)

Ralph Stanley was introduced to Marc Chagall by Johnny Cash who is playing an Indian tabla.
The are all singing Angel Band. It was supposed to be for the Coen Brothers movie Oh Brother
where art thou... but Chagall got loved up and disappeared... heading I believe to the great
marriage feast in the sky. Sat at the top table with the bride and groom.

A one take gooseberry around with the Wilburys and the Big 'O' ............

I'm gunna bring End of the Line tomorrow if someone doesn't bring it first.

There are more seasons available for hosting in the Sign up for Future Seasons III thread.

It would be great to see more first time hosts bring a theme along.

You can see all the previous themes in the same thread.

Oh yeah Pa. Am looking forward to your version already.

Melissa has always loved Johnny Cash, but I could have always taken or left him, until, because I am in charge of buying the music around here, I got her newest CD when the "American Recordings" came out- posters all over Tower, how could I not?
Brought it home and put the CD into the computer, and immediately understood what all the fuss was about. Not really into NIN either...but "Hurt" was stupid brilliant, and it continued from there. Fan for life...instantly.
One incredible track from those recordings features Mr. Cash and Joe Strummer singing tune written by Jamaicas prodigal son, and while this may not be the first song one thinks of when Johnny Cash is mentioned, it is an absolutely incredible bit of recorded music.
Here is my faltering tribute...Redemption Song

As a devout atheist this seemed the obvious choice of Cash song for me to cover ................

Welp, I entered "Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash sing together" into a search engine, and I heard the men in black sing this one together. You could see the love for Roy's voice in Johnny's eyes.

Yes that got some air play here in Australia Dick. Good job.

Roy was in on this one but there were also a few other blokes if I recall.

Just me and the bari here.....

Was wondering why no one viewed my video. Might have helped if I didn't have it set to "private". It's public now.

A literal one take wonder here, just hit record and let it fly. Didn't even have a finish planned, as it obvious.

This song was played on the jukebox a lot at a bar I hung out in during some of my misspent youth. Finally had a chance to try it now.

Thank you, Keith, for an inspiring week! I always had a secret sympathy for Roy Orbison's songs, so I had to do this - after working all day and feeling daring:

Top Bottom