Season 282 - Men In Black

I'm definitely gonna have a go at 1 Thessalonians 3, always one of my favourite Johnny Cash songs ;)
yes, when i saw that i thought hello is that gonna be to music??? but i just found a vid on dailymotion of him doing bible readings - in that gorgeous voice of his

Thanks, hope you bring a few along - re early post, see post #1619 in the 'General Yakking Thread'. :eek:ld:
may every host wake from such a dream! (it beats those dreams of having to do an exam, not having revised, and quite possibly not wearing any trousers!)

I know we all want you to give the uke a chance (all we are saying... etc.) on the song, but either way, I would love to hear it on the pump organ... you could put it on the "Seasonistas Playing Other Instruments" thread and we'd hop over to enjoy it. ... or just wear the uke while you play the organ. Artistic license. :) ... looking forward to your song.

Sorry you have been having health problems John. Ask Keith if he will agree to the Thornton Rule this time. Hope to hear a vid from you this week.

I picked up the uke again this week (it's wonderful to be able to play it again) and have a video ready to post after Midnight Hawaiian time . I may do another one with the organ for the alt list.

That would be good. Look forward to it.

I'm open to a bit of rule bending. :)

(I also like harmonicas & organ)

Wonderful theme Keith, I love both these artists although you'd be hard pushed to find more polar opposites in terms of vocal style, should be an interesting week. I've dragged out a black top for a cover of a Johnny Cash cover, least I could do :)

If I'm contravening etiquette by apparently going first, sorry. I loved the American Recordings set of albums produced by Rick Rubin, Johnny Cash's best work in my humble opinion. This is the lead off track from the American 3, Solitary Man album, I love both the Tom Petty original and Johnny Cash's cover.

Agree with NotanotherLinda that Johnny Cash's work late in his career was his best.
But he wasn't afaid to do gospel songs all through his career and I share a fondness for this genre though like our host I'm not at all religious .....

Very magnanimous of you.........:biglaugh::cheers:

(Using the 'generous' meaning here..)

It's easy for me to post first because I have Sunday to record and the season starts at 8:00pm here in Australia. It has kind of become my Sunday routine if we're not away from home.

Sometimes I wait 5 or 10 minutes so anyone else keen can get in first.

I know Rex has a song ready to go.

Well there you are Rex - you posted while I was typing. Safe hiking! Watch out for whatever it is that can get you over there. Rattlers? Gila monsters?

Last edited:
This is from Roy Orbison's 1963 LP, "In Dreams."

Top Bottom