Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alternatives to a strap

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    My goodness, we have some creative people here! Necessity really is the mother of invention!
    Hi Jan,

I looked at all the various methods to try to solve the no-drill support quandary and finally had to invent and patent my own solution. The Mobius Strap gives completely hands-free support and solves the "neck drop" problem as well. They come with a money-back guarantee of complete satisfaction. You, or others browsing this thread may want to give one a try!
    Tim Mullins

Soprano: 20s Martin Style 1
    Concert: Kamaka HF-2L+
    Tenor: 40s Martin 1T

Give your ukulele truly hands-free support
    -- with no modification to your instrument.
    Mobius Strap: A Ukulele Strap with a New Twist

IIRC the Mobius Strap was discussed early on in the thread (around #8-18).
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 09-07-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubulele View Post

Anyway, I viewed Graham's comment as a callback to additional information ...
    That was exactly what was intended and nothing more than that. Mine was a very brief comment and I'm sorry if the content came across in any other way. At some point I'm hoping to hear details of the solution that the OP eventually settled on but otherwise I too believe that the thread has run its course.

I'm sorry. I thought I had updated.

I decided that the HugStrap wouldn't work for me because it made the uke hang off center for me. I believe the Mobius strap would do the same thing. I still have no solution for my Pono.

However, I did get an inexpensive, but nice, tenor uke that has strap buttons on it, so that will be my solution for now. I don't like the strap button on the heel of the uke because the uke tips. I just use the end strap button and then tie the other end at the headstock.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

I'm sorry. I thought I had updated.

I decided that the HugStrap wouldn't work for me because it made the uke hang off center for me. I believe the Mobius strap would do the same thing. I still have no solution for my Pono.

However, I did get an inexpensive, but nice, tenor uke that has strap buttons on it, so that will be my solution for now. I don't like the strap button on the heel of the uke because the uke tips. I just use the end strap button and then tie the other end at the headstock.
    Thanks for the update and clarification which I appreciate. Your search has been a help to me, and I anticipate others too. Your end result is the same as mine and to an extent validates my own conclusions, thank you. A strap suits me best and I don't use a pin on the neck; I can't bring myself to modify my more expensive Ukes but am happy to have end pins on the cheaper ones - I play them most too and enjoy their utility and lack of need for special care. If it's a help to you to know then I use a leash on the dearer ones, I definitely find it useful but a strap would be maybe doubly so.

Thanks again for sharing your journey and conclusions, and as ever the mileage of others may vary.

I note that a couple of recent posts have been deleted, there's logic in that but IIRC Ubule's comments were rather helpful, maybe the other poster just had an 'off day' - we all do from time to time.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 09-09-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Actually, the Mobius Strap hangs in normal playing position, see the photo in my signature below. And, it ends the neck drop problem as well!
    Tim Mullins

Soprano: 20s Martin Style 1
    Concert: Kamaka HF-2L+
    Tenor: 40s Martin 1T

Give your ukulele truly hands-free support
    -- with no modification to your instrument.
    Mobius Strap: A Ukulele Strap with a New Twist

Thread Information