Song Help Request 2 chord songs for kids/teenagers

One Man And His Uke

Reaction score
Hope you guys might be able to help here. My wife is organising some uke singing sessions at the children's hospice she works at and has asked me to dig up some songs, the simpler the better really. Now theses are not toddlers, and by and large they are going to want to sing songs they know and like. If I tell you that so far I have got Roar, the Katy Perry song, you'll know where I'm trying to go with this. We'll probably slip in the odd "She'll be coming round the mountain" type campfire song ( yes, I know that's 3 chords) but mainly I want to play songs by singers, groups they will like, and although we can do 3 chorders if needed, 2 are preferable. So......watcha got? ;)
Thanks in advance,
John

Five Green and Speckled Frogs, Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round, Skip to my Lou, Old McDonald, Ain't Gonna Rain No More, Ain't no Bugs on me, Row Row Row your Boat. All those can be played with C and G7. I am the official volunteer accompanist for the summer Raising Readers program, ages five to twelve, and those songs have been stalwarts. The older kids like On Top of Spaghetti and You Are My Sunshine, which are not two chord song and have a bit of a more complicated chord progression, but real popular just the same and not that hard to play. I'll go down later and check my play list for more. They come up with their own songs and if you have to play them on the fly, you can most times get away with a C and G7, as most kids songs are C and G7, or even in a panic, just play the whole song with a C. No one is listening to you and they will never know the difference. Also be advised, lots of kids songs show up on the internet as A and E7, same thing as C and G7. But kids sing well in the key of C, so I stay there with them. Those are tips from my experience, which is mostly that age group, five to twelve. Older than that, you are on your own. Good luck, you will learn a lot from playing kids songs. PM me if you like, and we can share new ones that come up. I'm always looking for new ones myself. One other thing, make sure that you can play Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
Thank you Rllink. Those are great. Am looking though more for songs that the kids will know from the uk pop charts, that sort of thing :D

Thank you Rllink. Those are great. Am looking though more for songs that the kids will know from the uk pop charts, that sort of thing :D
Haha, okay, I got excited there for a moment. I have absolutely no experience with the UK pop charts, so I'm of no help there. But if you ever do have to play for the little kids,let me know. Good luck. I'm sure that whatever you come up with, it will be great.

Last edited:
The songs I know with two chords are all old;
-London Brigdge is Falling Down
-Pay me my Money Down
-He's got the whole World in his Hands
-Boll Weefil

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I saw Happy, Pharrell Williams, was on the 3rd of those links EDW. That's the kinda thing I'm looking for. It's a 3 chorder on that list but I'm sure it can be simplified ;)

'Polly Wolly Doodle' is a fun 2-chord song! :cool:

Top Bottom