Hello from Essex, UK

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just a quick note from me to say hello having just joined the group. Thanks to all for letting me in. I've played guitar and piano (a bit) on and off since I was a teenager, and have thrown myself back into it since retiring from work a while ago. Always having been really into all genres and kinds of music, I'm really enjoying myself now I have more time to play; even to the extent at 60 years of age I've done a few 'Open Mic' type events. Admittedly, I'm pretty rubbish, but I'VE enjoyed myself even if the poor audiences didn't! lol
I've really got into the uke now as well, and have bought three (a KALA KA-CE, a Ozark 2037, and a Kmise Concert sized banjolele) but haven't much of a clue (yet) what I'm doing with them. (If I've done it right, there should be a short vid of me in the 'links & videos' section so you can see where I'm currently at. Don't expect TOO much! lol)
Looking forward to hopefully interacting with you all over time and learning from your collective skills and experiences.
Keep safe - Dave

Last edited:
Welcome Dave. I think you will like UU. Lot's of good info and lots of good people. Enjoy the journey.

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond JJFN - I'm sure I will...

Welcome aboard. :)

If you haven't already found The Seasons threads, go check them out, it's like an open mic, but you post a video, & get a fresh challenge each week.

Hello from a bit further north in the UK!

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Thanks Camsuke, TopDog & PhilUSAFRet - I'm sure I'll have some musical fun with you all!

Hi Dave, I've also recently joined and from Essex - I'm quite near Billericay.

"Rubbish" entertainment usually makes for good fun at the pub, but only later in the evening when everything is entertaining. ;)

Welcome, and did you see there is a gent from Derby just joined as well.

Top Bottom