What do you think? Seagull uke steel

Seagull is part of the Godin family. They make the Multiuke which is an excellent instrument. Although nylon string it is a tenor scale semi hollow body electric. No doubt this will be just as good......it sounds awesome.

Cool, their instruments are an extremely good value. I couldn't see it very well though...thanks for sharing. I have the Merlin.

Good to see Dominator as the artist in their teaser video for Summer NAMM. I think the instrument will be well received. Interesting how Seagull went right to electric. Couldn't see much about it. Cool it has a built in preamp. Sounded great.

I've heard recently that acoustic guitar sales are soundly outpacing electric guitar sales. I guess that Seagull is trying to distinguish itself from just being another acoustic Ukulele builder by being steel stringed electric. steel stringed electric has been a very small part of the Ukulele market. Maybe they'll have some other uke offerings too.

Last edited:
Pardon my naive question, but if you want a uke with steel strings, why not go for a cavaquinho?
I've seen the price tag of the Seagull; you can have a very fine handcrafted cavaquinho for half the cost...

I'm a big fan of the Godin company's instruments. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I can't see what it looks like, too dark. Tried a web search but no images.

Thanks for posting. Sounds good. Godin are terrific company. I'v have a LG electric that is awesome. Will be looking for more info on this. Is Summer Namm not that well attended by Uke community? I always follow the video's in January that Aldrine, HMS and other do but don't recall seeming many from Summer Namm. Its in Nashville if I'm not mistaken.

I can't see what it looks like, too dark. Tried a web search but no images.

:agree: can't see what the heck they're trying to demonstrate...

It sounds steel-stringy to me. I wouldn't play it, don't have hard enough callouses, but I like it. I got my wife a Seagull Merlin dulcimer for her birthday last year, she just can't put it down some days. Two of our friends have them too, what a nicely built instrument, and lots of punch for its size!

I've got a Seagull Merlin as well ... nicely built good value-for-money instrument.

Not sure I'd want a steel-strung ukulele though, no real reason, just don't fancy it, each to their own :music:

I'm hoping some pictures will turn up. Couldn't see much of the shape but really like the pegheds.

It sounds steel-stringy to me. I wouldn't play it, don't have hard enough callouses, but I like it. I got my wife a Seagull Merlin dulcimer for her birthday last year, she just can't put it down some days. Two of our friends have them too, what a nicely built instrument, and lots of punch for its size!

I think this ukulele actually sounds like a dulcimer.

I finally saw a picture of the instrument where it can really be seen:
http://www.musicinstrumentnews.co.uk/2017/10/04/seagull-launches-full-metal-uke/

seagull.jpg

They claim in that article there will be a nylon version too. I've yet to see one actually in-stock and for sale anywhere...so no idea of a release date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom