Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VTAB MV-TS2401 Concert Review

I'm not marketing them? I have no connection with VTAB. I just write reviews?
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    I'm not marketing them? I have no connection with VTAB. I just write reviews?
    Fair enough .. Well Happy Reviewing .. I don't do either, except for a couple of reviews recently which are referring to my own instruments purchased.
    I'm just a person who likes to enjoy and Play Uke ..

Happy Ukeing to you
    Last edited by Dean Beaver; 07-17-2017 at 12:53 AM.
    Dean Beaver UkeBirdsRGo https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbQ...Uwy3pZA/videos

Happy Ukeing

HI Dean,

There's no conflict here. I am reading a bit of controversy brewing in your comments, but maybe that's just me, and if I am reading you wrong, I apologize, as I intend no harm.

If anything I have said has offended you, please understand also that this was not my intent, as I have no interest to condescend to anyone and if so, I also apologize....

I personally have been setting up my own guitars for 30+ before coming to the ukulele, and in the beginning when I started with the ukulele 4 yrs ago, went through the typical searching for the el cheapo bargains, and have done a full setup on MANY sub-$100 ukes, which in the end, just were not worth it to me when the availability of better sounding and better-playing (out of the box) ukes were available from reputable dealers to the USA. Dealers that did a setup, OR ukes made that need no setup, such as those from The Magic Fluke Company.

Sorry you have troubles getting instruments imported into Australia, but the CITES restrictions are there to prevent over-harvesting of wood, and damage to the planet when certain wood species are in danger of becoming extinct. Thanks fully there are LOTS of other great choices now besides mahogany, rosewood, spruce and cedar that you can get fine instruments made from.

I am glad you are happy with your Kmise and lots of folks here on UU like to dive deep into the low-end of the price range, and nobody is faulting them for doing so. There are ukes for every budget and playing level.

The difference to me is how much time I'd rather spend PLAYING instead of using hand tools to repair an essentially defective or unplayable instrument as it comes out of the box, and I'm not saying that they are ALL bad, and in fact that is what Baz's review here shows in that this VTAB uke is in fact very nice for the money, hence it being a bit of a surprise given it's origins and the reputation of similar ukes.

To be clear, Baz is a highly respected member here on UU and runs his web site without profit nor ANY compensation from the makers of the instruments he reviews, nor compensation from any vendors, and even a few instruments he has bought himself, but most of them are sent to him on loan, as he has said many times in his videos.

His mission here is to share information and educate, not to market and sell, and not to profit from mentioning one brand over another.

If you have questions about his affiliations or absence of the same, it may be best to contact him directly.

Mahalo brother Dean....

Thanks for taking the time to explain Booli, I'm sure there is merely some mis-interpretation, it's not always easy to read sentiment in text, and I'm sure you would agree. I'm also simply partaking in the discussion, as I said with whatever limited information I could share. I have no issue or questions regarding Baz's Reviews. In fact I think he should at least be able to keep a Uke if he is sent one to review, I wouldn't have thought that would be too much reward for his effort. Then again, there's probably a lot of Ukes he's just glad to send back. I appreciate whatever good things people do within music, environmental causes, arts, cultures, etc, and it's no different in this case.
    I'm also very aware and supportive of natural and environmental issues btw, I actually did a course several years ago focussed on Conversation and Land Management, particularly locally in our region, and am reasonably well educated in that regard. I understand and support the CITES regulations, just saying it's a genuine challenge for purchasers, hence my point regarding Marketing Brands for certain countries in the previous post. I'm not trying to compete in any sense, simply making a valid point with the hope that others may also get a good instrument if they are willing.
    It will probably make more sense if you knew me a bit, but we don't know each other personally, so there is the genuine challenge of communicating respectfully online.
    Also I like Arts and Crafting, I've found the characteristics of Acoustic Guitars and Ukes really quite interesting, and again just to let you know, I genuinely enjoy working on my instruments. But I certainly acknowledge it's not something for everyone and obviously many people would indeed be better off to buy an instrument that has been set up for them.
    Not a problem from my way Bro .. Peace and Happy Ukeing to You
    Last edited by Dean Beaver; 07-17-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    Dean Beaver UkeBirdsRGo https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbQ...Uwy3pZA/videos

Happy Ukeing

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Beaver View Post
    ...Not a problem from my way Bro .. Peace and Happy Ukeing to You
    No worries Dean. Mahalo. It' all good.

Dean - the policy on not taking uke 'gifts' is my decision, not the brands. It's so the promise of a gift doesn't steer the review and skew it. Most go back. On occasion brands then get in touch and say that it might not be cost effective for them to ship them back around the globe and tell me to keep them. With those, one of three things happen

1. They get donated to charity (usually charity raffles at ukulele events in UK)
    2. They get donated to local school
    3. They get sold on, and the money used to get more instruments for review, and then those get donated to charity.

To be honest - I only have so much space at home so one way or the other I need to get them out of the house, but it's mainly about impartiality.
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

...and the odd one gets incinerated!

That was a special case. A very, very sad case... Could never have seen that go into the hands of anyone

Thread Information