Season 283 - On A First Name Basis ..... With The Summer Of Love

Thanks for the great Season, Linda... don't rush your rehab assignment; your spot in the starting lineup is not in jeopardy because of your little DL stint... ⚾️ (Just be ready for the playoffs....:cool:)

Woody died in 1967. There is an interesting blog in the info section of the video.

Rant Warning!
I do not like to post unpleasnt tidings but I must speak out! On Tuesday I had some scheduled blood work done. Later that day I received a call fron my primary care physician that my Creatin and BUN levels very very high I I should report to my neprologist or the ER. I did both. Iam told I have 5th or end stage renal disease. I have never had the failure of a complete organ system before and I do not yet know what this means. The kidney doctor who told me to go to the ER was going to visit the next day didn't show and the idiots at my nephrologist's office buggered up things so badly that they can't possibly see me for at least three weeks. Iam asymptomatic and feel fine except for whatever turmoil this news caused. Iam taking things philosophically but won't know what to do about things for three weeks. Susan, my wife is a basket case. A RN for 37 years she says she is despondent because there is nothing she can do. That is a troubling statement but Susan's state of mind is more so. Iam not looking for sympathy here. I'll figure things out and take appropriate action. My heath has always been bad, (I had over 500 hospital visits before I was 12). but I do know how to adapt to things.

Thank you for your patience with this rant.I had to let you'all know or I would explode.

Tommy, I'm sorry to hear about this diagnosis for you. Poor kidney function was a constant part of my father's life since early childhood. Renal failure was one of the challenges that my father was dealing with towards the end. He was on the fence about undergoing dialysis, but it was the stories of others living productive lives on dialysis that convinced him to give it a chance.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you face some complex choices. There are no simple solutions here. Every treatment option has its advantages and challenges. I advocated for peritoneal dialysis in my dad's case. He chose hemo. I hope you find the right balance for you which lets you engage in the pursuits you enjoy most.

You may be noman or everyman but you are not just anyman to us...

Linda, Just wanted to say thank you for the recognition of my song. You had so many great songs coming your way. Im so happy that your functioning and that you've decided to go simple in your wrap. Rest easy and take things slow until your feeling a bit more like participating. We miss you! As pa said you are truly so generous in your comments. I don't think we have a seasoninsta quite like you. Every comment is genuine, lovely and encouraging with a personal touch. For that you get the reward of gratitude from me.

This was a great inspiring season that brought out the best in those that participated.

Congratulations to everyone that you've listed. They were truly great!

Thank you for the terrific Season! During the last couple of weeks there have been long articles about Summer Of Love 1967 in Finnish newspapers and magazines. Thanks to the Seasons and the fantastic Seasonistas I already know much more about that summer and its music than any article can tell. :)

Greetings,

Thank you so much for a wonderful season, and for working it even though you were under the weather! And many more thanks for the mention, and congrats to the others as well. Glad you are feeling better!

Ciao,
Gina

Season 283 Wrap

Usually I post a wrap vid when I host, but the end of this Season has been anything but ordinary for me. And thank you so very much, my dear friends, for all of your get well wishes. I so appreciate them.

I’m not able to make a vid at this time for the wrap, but I will share a photo.

Just a few weeks ago I was at a wedding. There also was my friend Lorraine. She’s one of my best friends since kindergarten – yes, we learned to read together. And yes, we were friends through the Summer of Love and all that has come since. Lorraine’s on the right and that’s me on the left. For Seasonistas who have never seen me other than my right forearm and hand, here I am.

View attachment 101804

And, if I were making a video wrap this Season, I’d have just as big a smile. I only hope that everyone had enjoyed the Season’s music as much as I did.

We had 108 vids by 37 Seasonistas this Season; I enjoyed every minute of each recording. Below are listed the vids that I would particularly like to recognize. Prizes are Season appropriate and will be sent to those individuals listed below who p.m. me with their addresses.

Thank you, everyone, for your contributions to Season 283.

Special Performances With Flowers In Hair ☺

Tommy – “Windmills of Your Mind”
Val – “San Francisco”
Ylle– “Strawberry Fields Forever”

Other Special Performances ☺

Chelsea “Summer Stock” (an original)
Elmann “Monsieur Dupont”
Gina “Half Breed”
Graham “Your Song”
Guzzler “Take Me in Your Arms and Love Me”
John “Flying”
Lesley “Daddy, Take Me Fishing” (an original)
Linda Louden “Hit Or Miss”
Pabrizzer “Can’t Live”
Rick “A Little Bit Of Soul”
Rob “All You Need is Love”
Scott “Heard It Through The Grapevine”
Steve "Windmills of Your Mind"

Please note! Steve, I must sincerely apologize. In my first posting of this list, I inadvertently left your magnificent "Windmills of Your Mind" off the list. This was a manual error. Please believe that I always intended that it appear on the list. My sincere apologies!

Reminder, anyone on the list who would like to receive a prize, please pm me your address. Thank you. Linda

Please note! Steve, I must sincerely apologize. In my first posting of this list, I inadvertently left your magnificent "Windmills of Your Mind" off the list. This was a manual error. Please believe that I always intended that it appear on the list. My sincere apologies!

Reminder, anyone on the list who would like to receive a prize, please pm me your address. Thank you. Linda

Oh Linda, I'm honoured. And no need to apologise, as I only just came here now to see how the Season ended. I will PM my details to you (but please tell me the prize isn't a gall stone...)

Oh Linda, I'm honoured. And no need to apologise, as I only just came here now to see how the Season ended. I will PM my details to you (but please tell me the prize isn't a gall stone...)

LOL! No, no gallstones anywhere in sight ..... or even out of sight. :) Thank you for your graciousness and that fine performance, Steve! :)

Linda, thank you so much for the honourable mention ... I can only assume that it was the flower that did it! Strangely enough, last night I was watching a programme that I had recorded about the "Summer of Love" and was amazed to find out how quickly the whole movement turned sour ... I can only remember the "good bits". (Well, of course, I can't really remember ANY of it, AT ALL!) So pleased that you are now well on the way to recovery.

Just an FYI-

Not sure if folks outside USA can see this, but PBS Thirteen (public television) has a special this week related to this week's theme, coincidence?

PBS said:
S29 Ep12: Summer of Love

In January 1967, San Francisco youth descended on Golden Gate Park for a Human Be-In. The media flocked to the event, offering a window into the world of Haight-Ashbury and inspiring even more young people to join. Summer of Love is a striking picture of the summer of 1967 — from the utopian beginnings, when peace and love prevailed, to the chaos and drug use that ultimately signaled the end.

Aired on TV: 7/25/2017 | 0:52:53 | Expires (for watching online): 8/22/2017

see/watch here: http://www.thirteen.org/programs/american-experience/summer-of-love-d6pdtq/

Thanks for adding me to your list AND for the neat "remembrances" you sent - I received the decals yesterday. You always do a very special job of hosting the SOTU - even when you're hospitalized! :uhoh::uhoh:

Thanks for adding me to your list AND for the neat "remembrances" you sent - I received the decals yesterday. You always do a very special job of hosting the SOTU - even when you're hospitalized! :uhoh::uhoh:

You're so welcome, Mac. Glad the stickers (both 50th Anniversary souvenirs) arrived safely! Thank you for YOUR music and making this Season so terrific....... despite a bit of personal drama for me there at the end. ;)

(Gentle reminder to those on the lists who didn't send addresses to me: if you'd like the stickers, please do so. :)

Hi Linda,

I've been neglectful here and apologize. It's wonderful to hear you're on the mend. Thank you for the shoutout, and always, for the thoughtful feedback.

Good to see you back in action!

Rick

Linda, I just wanted you to know I received my stickers today. Cant thank you enough for this token of a memory to this season.

What a great host you are :)

Hi Linda,

I've been neglectful here and apologize. It's wonderful to hear you're on the mend. Thank you for the shoutout, and always, for the thoughtful feedback.

Good to see you back in action!

Rick

Thank you, Rick! Please just pm that address and I'll get the stickers off to you. And thank you so much for your kind wishes. I'm doing much better. :)

So glad they've arrived and already have found their place! Thanks so much for letting me know, Brian.

Thank you for the stickers, Linda! They arrived today and they'll remind me of this fantastic Season in days to come.

Top Bottom