Season 283 - On A First Name Basis ..... With The Summer Of Love

Linda, I was shocked just now to see from posts that you're in hospital, please get well soon! I haven't been able to get to the Seasons for ages, but when I saw your theme I hoped perhaps I could slip this one under the wire at the last minute - I had some problems with uploading the video though so it's a bit late! This is my latest song, which I finished a couple of months ago. The word "summer" is in the last line. I did flub a few words there, it's a one take - because of trying to get it done in time! Thoughts are with you ........

Hang in there, Tommy.... best wishes & good thoughts from all of us at the Recessive Music Gene Studio, Queens-NYC, New York, USA.

I'm posting this here... 'cause I didn't know where else to send a little something out to Linda & Tommy; two Seasonistas who are on the disabled list. This song always makes ME feel better so I'm hoping it might work for them, too.

For Tommy and for Linda...

Sorry you are having health troubles now.

I wish you each to have the best recovery possible.

I am sending love and healing thoughts your way...

When you are able, please let us know how you are doing...

Peace be with you,

Booli

just heard about tommy's and linda's health problems, thinking of you guys, sending very best wishes to you both. x

Good morning. I am so appreciative of all the contributions thus far and, of course, welcome all additional subissions. I will not be able to listen and wrap this one for a few days, though. I've had a gall bladder attack and am in hospital. It needs to come out. I'll be back to get things sorted as soon as I can. Thank you again. Linda

Just heard, thoughts are with you, wishing you a speedy recovery Linda x

Woody died in 1967. There is an interesting blog in the info section of the video.

Rant Warning!
I do not like to post unpleasnt tidings but I must speak out! On Tuesday I had some scheduled blood work done. Later that day I received a call fron my primary care physician that my Creatin and BUN levels very very high I I should report to my neprologist or the ER. I did both. Iam told I have 5th or end stage renal disease. I have never had the failure of a complete organ system before and I do not yet know what this means. The kidney doctor who told me to go to the ER was going to visit the next day didn't show and the idiots at my nephrologist's office buggered up things so badly that they can't possibly see me for at least three weeks. Iam asymptomatic and feel fine except for whatever turmoil this news caused. Iam taking things philosophically but won't know what to do about things for three weeks. Susan, my wife is a basket case. A RN for 37 years she says she is despondent because there is nothing she can do. That is a troubling statement but Susan's state of mind is more so. Iam not looking for sympathy here. I'll figure things out and take appropriate action. My heath has always been bad, (I had over 500 hospital visits before I was 12). but I do know how to adapt to things.

Thank you for your patience with this rant.I had to let you'all know or I would explode.

Sorry to hear all that Tommy, thoughts are with you and your wife, hope things get sorted soon.

Just heard about Tommy's health issues as well......hope all things turn out to be good in the end..best of luck, Tommy!

I'm just seeing all this news. Tommy and Linda, sending all my best and hope you're both back in the saddle again soon.

Tommy, can you hear me?

Like Patches, I'm thinking of you son, and Susan, too, of course.

Hope things pick up for you soon

Get well soon, Tommy and Linda both!

Linda, if you've got gall stones, make sure you save them and show us on your next video! I've still got the vial with the herniated disck they removed a couple years ago.

Thank you so very much, my dear friends, for all of your kind wishes. They have meant and mean so very much to me.

Well, my gallbladder is gone now (stones and all, Joko!) and I'm home on the mend. I'm in slower than slow motion, but I just know that with each passing day, things will improve. And I cannot wait until the memory of that attack recedes into the dim mists of yesterday.

Yesterday I caught up on listening to all entries for the Season and I hope to post the wrap later this afternoon.

Thank you so so much. I just hope that our Tommy is doing ok. Linda

Season 283 Wrap

Usually I post a wrap vid when I host, but the end of this Season has been anything but ordinary for me. And thank you so very much, my dear friends, for all of your get well wishes. I so appreciate them.

I’m not able to make a vid at this time for the wrap, but I will share a photo.

Just a few weeks ago I was at a wedding. There also was my friend Lorraine. She’s one of my best friends since kindergarten – yes, we learned to read together. And yes, we were friends through the Summer of Love and all that has come since. Lorraine’s on the right and that’s me on the left. For Seasonistas who have never seen me other than my right forearm and hand, here I am.

1172.jpg

And, if I were making a video wrap this Season, I’d have just as big a smile. I only hope that everyone had enjoyed the Season’s music as much as I did.

We had 108 vids by 37 Seasonistas this Season; I enjoyed every minute of each recording. Below are listed the vids that I would particularly like to recognize. Prizes are Season appropriate and will be sent to those individuals listed below who p.m. me with their addresses.

Thank you, everyone, for your contributions to Season 283.

Special Performances With Flowers In Hair ☺

Tommy – “Windmills of Your Mind”
Val – “San Francisco”
Ylle– “Strawberry Fields Forever”

Other Special Performances ☺

Chelsea “Summer Stock” (an original)
Elmann “Monsieur Dupont”
Gina “Half Breed”
Graham “Your Song”
Guzzler “Take Me in Your Arms and Love Me”
John “Flying”
Lesley “Daddy, Take Me Fishing” (an original)
Linda Louden “Hit Or Miss”
Pabrizzer “Can’t Live”
Rick “A Little Bit Of Soul”
Rob “All You Need is Love”
Scott “Heard It Through The Grapevine”
Steve "Windmills of Your Mind"

Last edited:
So glad to read that you are up and about Linda.
We have all seen you before in your terrific wrap up vids and that is a lovely photo!
You are always so thoughtful to all with your comments when hosting and do such a terrific job!
Thanks for this wonderful week!
I sure hope you're back to your usual self real soon!

And yes John's Flying was a very special listen among all the beaut stuff this week.

Top Bottom