Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 283 - On A First Name Basis ..... With The Summer Of Love

Quote Originally Posted by IamNoMan View Post
    When I first took up the ukulele a couple of years ago Alantic Magazine infamouslly said you couldn't play Blue Grass on Ukulele! What poppycock!

Tommy, please forgive me. I don't see the connection to the theme - names or 67. Please indicate. Thanks! Linda

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Tommy, please forgive me. I don't see the connection to the theme - names or 67. Please indicate. Thanks! Linda
    According to wiki ...
    "Rocky Top" is an American country and bluegrass song written by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant in 1967 and first recorded by the Osborne Brothers later that same year.

Everyone knows Willie!

Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    According to wiki ...
    "Rocky Top" is an American country and bluegrass song written by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant in 1967 and first recorded by the Osborne Brothers later that same year.
    Thank you, Brian. Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Well, that's annoying. We are away for a few days in our campervan, with no ukulele. So before we set off this morning, I recorded a one take wonder. Set it uploading to YouTube, which said it was in a queue for processing. And off we went...
    Now it looks as if it never processed...the title is there on my YT account, but no video. So, sometime later this week, I will try again.
    What a coincidence! We're camping in Dorset at the moment (only got a tent though).

Managed to sneak my Dolphin into the car but the songs I want to do aren't particularly suited.

Still gonna try to bring something while we're here though Linda, if only to show off the great setting!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    What a coincidence! We're camping in Dorset at the moment (only got a tent though).

Managed to sneak my Dolphin into the car but the songs I want to do aren't particularly suited.

Still gonna try to bring something while we're here though Linda, if only to show off the great setting!
    Ryan, hope you have a super time camping! And, of course, some uking around the campfire. I'm hoping you'll find a song for us.

Hi, Linda! Wanted to bring this before everyone else decided to do it, and far better than me! This has to be THE anthem of 1967 and the "Summer of Love". (Mitigating circumstances .... I AM wearing a flower in my hair and also my bellbottoms; although you'll have to take my word for that!)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

This got as high as number 3 in the UK charts in August '67. Written by late greats Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane. Apologies, It's written as Itckykoo when of course it's Itchycoo. By the way, please don't feed ducks with buns. It's just not good for them

By the way, I recorded Bari uke and a bit of backing vocal on my daughters iPad, then just played that back and played along with the Flea,....and sang, obviously, recording it onto my iPad.
    Last edited by One Man And His Uke; 07-17-2017 at 02:34 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    A campervan is certainly big enough to carry a uke. My flea lives in its bag in my car. Gets treated mercilessly. Hasn't let me down yet.
    Happy and safe travels Steve!
    Yes, in future a uke comes too.
    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander
    Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor"
    Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box
    ...all with Worth strings
    ...and a few chords

Need to get yourself a RISA solid/stick uke, (& mini amp), for when you 'aren't allowed to take a uke'.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Thread Information