Season 283 - On A First Name Basis ..... With The Summer Of Love

turtledrum

Reaction score
Season 283: On A First Name Basis ….. With The Summer Of Love!

Welcome to Season 283! This week we are celebrating in two ways:

On A First Name Basis …..

Perform songs by singers/writers/musicians we know by a single name or nickname:
For example:
Jimi, Janis, Joni, Bono, Woody, Ray, Ella, Mick, Amy, Adele, Billie, Merle, Judy, Iz, Donovan, Dean, Sting, Satchmo, Edge, Slowhand, Macca, BB, Dusty, Dylan, Leonard, Arlo, Muddy, Lightnin’, Howlin’

….. With The Summer of Love!

In honor of the 50th Anniversary of The Summer of Love, perform any song written or recorded during the year of 1967. You pick the genre, artist, and song.

Original Songs Welcome!

Here’s this week’s challenge for those who want to post original compositions:

Write a song using one (or a combination) of the following themes for your song:
“name(s)” ..... “summer” ..... “love”

Or:
Write a song reflecting on The Summer of Love or the late 60s.

Unlimited entries. No previously posted vids from Seasons related threads. Usual Hawaiian start and end times. My comments will be placed on the Tube.

Please indicate your song’s connection to the theme in your post on the thread.

And why not - wear some flowers in your hair. ;) Linda

PLAYLIST HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGoYd7qUIo5YTDr2JszWnvWgASngS6vLQ

Oooh, fun theme! But I might have some trouble getting flowers in my hair!

Oh Linda How am I ever going to find a song from 1967?

I was really worried about what you'd do, Tommy ..... but somehow, I just thought that mayyyyyybe there was a folkie singing somewhere in '67. Oh, wait - now that I think about it .... weren't they all? :)

Oh Holy Moe!

What a great theme!

Like in the title of "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou, AFAICT, and by heaven and earth, there WILL be music!

:music:

Oh Holy Moe!

What a great theme!

Like in the title of "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou, AFAICT, and by heaven and earth, there WILL be music!

:music:

Ok..... I missed that, Booli, but as long as there's music.... great! :)

for our gracious host - a question...

re: On A First Name Basis

Is it ok to select music from Bach, Beethoven and Mozart, et al since they are usually and casually referred to by their LAST names?

for our gracious host - a question...

re: On A First Name Basis

Is it ok to select music from Bach, Beethoven and Mozart, et al since they are usually and casually referred to by their LAST names?

All are fine. :)

Ooh! I have bell bottoms!!! Great theme, Linda! I shall, of course, find this VERY challenging, since, being British, and, therefore, very formal, I would never address anyone by just their first name .... and, yes, "The Summer of Love"; I think my grandparents might have told me about this! Ahem!

Top Bottom