Season 283 - On A First Name Basis ..... With The Summer Of Love

and something from Mick and his band

Dion!

Merle. 1967. Played bass on this song a thousand times, but never tired to sing it, or pick out the lead part before.

Last edited:
Ooh! I have bell bottoms!!! Great theme, Linda! I shall, of course, find this VERY challenging, since, being British, and, therefore, very formal, I would never address anyone by just their first name .... and, yes, "The Summer of Love"; I think my grandparents might have told me about this! Ahem!

Ah yes, Val! We can dream, can't we? ;)

Since I took up the Ukulele this has become one of my favorite goto songs. It seems to address the political situation equally well for the past 50 years. Sandy Shaw won the Eurovision Song contest with this one in 1967. She wasn't wearing shoes that night either!

Dedicated to Susan!

for our gracious host - a question...

re: On A First Name Basis

Is it ok to select music from Bach, Beethoven and Mozart, et al since they are usually and casually referred to by their LAST names?

and Schubert, Liszt, Mendelsohn

Well, that's annoying. We are away for a few days in our campervan, with no ukulele. So before we set off this morning, I recorded a one take wonder. Set it uploading to YouTube, which said it was in a queue for processing. And off we went...
Now it looks as if it never processed...the title is there on my YT account, but no video. So, sometime later this week, I will try again.:(

Thought about Beethoven's 7th briefly, decided to go with 7 chords and some Na Na Na's from Macca in the end.
Wonderful theme Linda, near as damn it to do what we want, thank you.

Well, that's annoying. We are away for a few days in our campervan, with no ukulele. So before we set off this morning, I recorded a one take wonder. Set it uploading to YouTube, which said it was in a queue for processing. And off we went...
Now it looks as if it never processed...the title is there on my YT account, but no video. So, sometime later this week, I will try again.:(

Steve, how frustrating! Hope you have a great time on the short vacation and that you'll be able to bring the song later this week! :)

Top Bottom