Season 283 - On A First Name Basis ..... With The Summer Of Love

Our host's appeal for something from Dusty In Memphis reminded me that soon after I started playing the uke, I wrote this song out. I soon gave up on it, as it was too hard to sing, and my fingers were getting tangled up in the chords. So, a few years later, let's try again...(and yes, I got the year wrong - the original version came out in '68, Dusty's in '69)

Last edited:
Woody died in 1967. There is an interesting blog in the info section of the video.

Rant Warning!
I do not like to post unpleasnt tidings but I must speak out! On Tuesday I had some scheduled blood work done. Later that day I received a call fron my primary care physician that my Creatin and BUN levels very very high I I should report to my neprologist or the ER. I did both. Iam told I have 5th or end stage renal disease. I have never had the failure of a complete organ system before and I do not yet know what this means. The kidney doctor who told me to go to the ER was going to visit the next day didn't show and the idiots at my nephrologist's office buggered up things so badly that they can't possibly see me for at least three weeks. Iam asymptomatic and feel fine except for whatever turmoil this news caused. Iam taking things philosophically but won't know what to do about things for three weeks. Susan, my wife is a basket case. A RN for 37 years she says she is despondent because there is nothing she can do. That is a troubling statement but Susan's state of mind is more so. Iam not looking for sympathy here. I'll figure things out and take appropriate action. My heath has always been bad, (I had over 500 hospital visits before I was 12). but I do know how to adapt to things.

Thank you for your patience with this rant.I had to let you'all know or I would explode.

Tommy! I have only just read this. I do SO hope that things can be resolved as soon as possible, with a positive outcome for you. Meanwhile, my love and all good thoughts to you and Susan. X

Good morning. I am so appreciative of all the contributions thus far and, of course, welcome all additional subissions. I will not be able to listen and wrap this one for a few days, though. I've had a gall bladder attack and am in hospital. It needs to come out. I'll be back to get things sorted as soon as I can. Thank you again. Linda

Good morning. I am so appreciative of all the contributions thus far and, of course, welcome all additional subissions. I will not be able to listen and wrap this one for a few days, though. I've had a gall bladder attack and am in hospital. It needs to come out. I'll be back to get things sorted as soon as I can. Thank you again. Linda

Oh no!!!! You take care of yourself Linda, and get well soon!

Oh no, Linda, I hope this has nothing to do with my attempt to sing one of your favourite songs...:)

Take it easy, and know that we are thinking about you. You too Tommy - there is too much illness going on around here at the moment.

Greetings Friends,

Way behind on vid watching, but will try to catch up today. My humble offering is a Cher song (surely she is known by only one name)! I wanted to do a fancy video but work and life got in the way. So here goes!!

Ciao

Woody died in 1967. There is an interesting blog in the info section of the video.

Rant Warning!
I do not like to post unpleasnt tidings but I must speak out! On Tuesday I had some scheduled blood work done. Later that day I received a call fron my primary care physician that my Creatin and BUN levels very very high I I should report to my neprologist or the ER. I did both. Iam told I have 5th or end stage renal disease. I have never had the failure of a complete organ system before and I do not yet know what this means. The kidney doctor who told me to go to the ER was going to visit the next day didn't show and the idiots at my nephrologist's office buggered up things so badly that they can't possibly see me for at least three weeks. Iam asymptomatic and feel fine except for whatever turmoil this news caused. Iam taking things philosophically but won't know what to do about things for three weeks. Susan, my wife is a basket case. A RN for 37 years she says she is despondent because there is nothing she can do. That is a troubling statement but Susan's state of mind is more so. Iam not looking for sympathy here. I'll figure things out and take appropriate action. My heath has always been bad, (I had over 500 hospital visits before I was 12). but I do know how to adapt to things.

Thank you for your patience with this rant.I had to let you'all know or I would explode.

I sure hope this finds you feeling better and I will be thinking of you. Best,Gina

Bummer!
Sure hope all goes well and wishing a speedy recovery!
Love and best wishes!

Hope you get back on your feet asap Linda, sorry to hear. x

Mention the name 'Elvis' anywhere around the globe and everyone will know exactly which Elvis !! This is a bit of a rush job as I've been snowed under with work and this song is taken from my 'I eat too many cheeseburgers obviously sessions'

Last edited:

Well, thats not good news! I'm so sorry your going through that. Best wishes and a speedy recovery. Prayers coming your way!

Oh noes! Hang in there, my niece just underwent this procedure a couple of weeks ago, and today she's sassy & happy!

Gadzooks! Be better soon - call if I can help..... how long are you going to be on the DL?

Just read of your problems. My thoughts are with you

Sorry your having problems Linda. I hope you took your ukulele with you! Dusty recorded this one in 1968. It is dedicated to you Linda. And lay off the Kosher dills.

Last edited:
Sorry your having problems Linda. I hope you took your ukulele with you! Dusty recorded this one in 1968. It is dedicated to you Linda. And lay off the Kosher dills.

Great job, Tommy. Again, best wishes.

And good luck, Linda!

Thanks for hosting this fab week Linda, and even posting from your hospital bed.......a real trooper !!
Was the Beatles 'Ob-La-Di, O bladder' from 67 or 68 ?
Get well soon xx

You too Tommy, life throws this s** at us once in a while and we've just gotta bat it away as it comes as best we can.
All my best mate for you and Susan xx

Last edited:
I apologise for not having found the time and/or inspiration to record my contribution for your season....island will be a place then:)
edit: just read that you're in hospital....get well soon!!!....I'd been working in hospitals myself so I'm aware of your heath issues.

Last edited:

Oh no! Get well soon!

And Tommy, too. My thoughts go out to you and your wife.

Top Bottom