Thread: Hi all

Default Hi all

Hi all, complete newbie here I'm afraid. Have toyed with the idea for ages but am now finally ready to take the plunge and (attempt!!) learn the Ukulele!

Am going to be after some advise (probably a lot!). The 1st being...a good place to start! I have a 60-80 budget for a concert...what would you guys/girls recommend? Have decided on a concert as I fear a saprano would be a little to fiddly for my sausage fingers so any recommendations would be massively appreciated!

Hi Wonky!

Welcome to UU

I had just posted over in 2 other threads that might be of interest to you starting out, these are direct links to my comments there, but you might benefit from scrolling UP and reading the whole thread as well...

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...68#post1980668

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...76#post1980676

You would also do well to invest some time to read the reviews and watch the accompanying videos that fellow UU brother BazMaz has offered up on his web site for the past 5+ yrs in order to get an idea of budget, performance and set your expectations accordingly...

see here: http://www.gotaukulele.com/p/ukulele-reviews.html

Good luck! any questions, there are many folks here to help!
    [ o>==::__The Magic Fluke Company appreciation thread.(updated July 2, 2017)

Welcome to UU WOnKy.
    All the best,
    Campbell

Welcome aboard.

I usually suggest a Kala or an Ohana as a first uke.
    A concert scale is a good place to start, not too cramped, & not too much of a stretch, (I spent my first 6 months learning mainly on that scale).
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Good to know you,you will find all the advice you need here!
    All power and respect to you Concert,Tenor and Baritone players, but Soprano is what does it for me every time!

Welcome to UU Wonky.

Everything you need is now at your fingertips and only a few keystrokes away. Have fun your adventure.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Thanks for the welcome and advice all, greatly appreciated.

After much review watching and internet searching I think I have decided to go with a concert Bambookulele from moselele, sits in the right price bracket and am yet to hear any negatives. Can't wait to get practicing!!

Thread Information