Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with complicated Guitar chords.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryR View Post
    Ok, I'm getting the picture. I'm going to start gong through all he new chords and the ones that are beyond me at the moment I will apply this logic to and see what I can do to simplify things.
    If you just tell me the name of it, and tell me if you are stuck on the key of D or not, and I'll see if I can find an easier one on the internet for you. I've had a bit of experience in doing that for songs that I play myself.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.
    There's more than one road into Richmond. Lil' Rev
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LEY9E_W5sw

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll search for that chart.

A quick note that a simplified version of all the songs I'm working on learning was just published! So now I just need to learn them.

I really appreciate all the help. I have a lot of good information to study thanks to everyones input.

Ciao, Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Unlike what many have said here, I would just play the chords as specified, except for two. My little chord books lists all the chords except for the 7+5 and the slash chord. For slash chords I usually just ignore the specified base note and play what's to the left of the slash. For the 7+5 chord, my book doesn't have those, but it does have 7b5 chords. Unless I am mistaken, to convert a 7b5 to a 7+5, all you would need to do is move the finger playing the 5 up to frets and then the 5 would be augmented.

Despite the scary names some of the chords aren't that difficult. The Asus4 is a two-finger chord and the A7sus4 is a one-finger chord.

Here's another on-line chord resource which has a bunch of alternate chords which I find helpful.

https://ukulele-chords.com/

-- Gary

Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    Here's another on-line chord resource which has a bunch of alternate chords which I find helpful.

https://ukulele-chords.com/

-- Gary
    thank you!

So here is my first draft of tabbing out the song with lyrics for a Low G Uke. Initially I plan to just learn the chords, then probably to play melody as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1geuip8m6j...20Uke.pdf?dl=0

I struggled with some of the chord shapes over several different sources, especially the E chords. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    Hi Jerry,

Unlike what many have said here, I would just play the chords as specified, except for two. My little chord books lists all the chords except for the 7+5 and the slash chord. For slash chords I usually just ignore the specified base note and play what's to the left of the slash. For the 7+5 chord, my book doesn't have those, but it does have 7b5 chords. Unless I am mistaken, to convert a 7b5 to a 7+5, all you would need to do is move the finger playing the 5 up to frets and then the 5 would be augmented.

Despite the scary names some of the chords aren't that difficult. The Asus4 is a two-finger chord and the A7sus4 is a one-finger chord.
    Thank you!

Thread Information