Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arpeggio Meditations for Ukulele (Daniel Ward)

Question Arpeggio Meditations for Ukulele (Daniel Ward)

I've really enjoyed the meditation in the summer issue of Ukulele. Does anyone here on UU know if the book is available for (pre)order? Will it be available through booksellers? (B&N, Amazon)

I faithfully check DanielWard.net, but the site doesn't appear to be updated often. Maybe someone who has taken a recent workshop with him has more information to share?
    Last edited by WifeOnFourStrings; 07-23-2017 at 08:02 AM. Reason: grammar fix :-P
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

Kala SMHCE-C | Outdoor Tenor | KA-SRT-CTG-CE

Quote Originally Posted by WifeOnFourStrings View Post
    I've really enjoyed the meditation in the summer issue of Ukulele. Does anyone here on UU know if the book available for (pre)order? Will it be available through booksellers? (B&N, Amazon)

I faithfully check DanielWard.net, but the site doesn't appear to be updated often. Maybe someone who has taken a recent workshop with him has more information to share?
    That was beautiful! I want to know more about this, too!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

I emailed Daniel to alert him to the thread. Hopefully, he'll provide an update.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

I attended one of Daniel Ward's workshops on these meditations, and it was a personal highlight of my ukulele journey. He passed out handouts of his meditations at the workshop and invited us to share them with our local uke groups. Assuming Daniel is okay with it, I'd be willing to scan the handout in and share it here on UU.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

That was beautiful. I will order the book also. Thank you for posting this!

I sent Daniel an e-mail asking about the release of this book. He responded very quickly to my inquiry as follows:

"Hi Matt
    Thank you for your interest-

We are shooting for a print at the end of August - I'll file this email with the others who are waiting and let you know when it becomes available

Best
    Daniel"

I get the feeling that a lot of folks are eagerly awaiting the book's release.....

Thanks for keeping us updated!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

Quote Originally Posted by gtomatt View Post
    I sent Daniel an e-mail asking about the release of this book. He responded very quickly to my inquiry as follows:

"Hi Matt
    Thank you for your interest-

We are shooting for a print at the end of August - I'll file this email with the others who are waiting and let you know when it becomes available

Best
    Daniel"

I get the feeling that a lot of folks are eagerly awaiting the book's release.....
    Does that mean we need to email him to get on the list?
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

Kala SMHCE-C | Outdoor Tenor | KA-SRT-CTG-CE

Hi,

I don't think so. I think "the list" is just the folks who've contacted Daniel about availability of his book & it's projected release date. I would think that when it is released, that there will be an update on Daniel's or the SukeyJump website.

I can update this thread when he let's me know that it's available if that would help

All that being said, you could also contact Daniel via his website and ask to be added to the list

There was also a second meditation posted on ukulelemag.com:

http://www.ukulelemag.com/stories/uk...hm-daniel-ward

I'm also anxiously waiting for the book to come out.

Thread Information