Arpeggio Meditations for Ukulele (Daniel Ward)

I pre-ordered, too. Nothing like a personal response from the author thanking you, either.

Matt

Just received the book in the mail. Looks really good! Can't wait to practice

Mine just arrived! Very well done. I also received the MP3's via email when I pre-ordered. Getting started now...

Yep, I got mine yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I am excited to have it!

Are there any three string arpeggios? Wondering if it'd work out on my shamisen...

Mine just arrived! Very well done. I also received the MP3's via email when I pre-ordered. Getting started now...

I got the book today. Can't wait to start it! I didn't receive the MP3s though... I think that would be very helpful for me.

I missed this the first time around! I'm happy for the bump! I just ordered.

Mine came in the mail. Good layout! Print is nice size for a change. Tonight will figure out how to get the video or mp3s.

Got your book today, Dan. Very nice work!

I spent a while on your second number "Floating Loop" today, as I had already been playing the first one for a few weeks after discovering it in this thread.

I have a beginner-ish question I don't think you addressed in the intro to your book: how do I prevent the fingers on my fretting hand from sounding notes as they release the strings to form new chord shapes? It seems as though the fingerpads of my left hand are sticky and won't release the strings cleanly, muddying up the sweet singing I am attempting to make with my right hand.

.... how do I prevent the fingers on my fretting hand from sounding notes as they release the strings to form new chord shapes? It seems as though the fingerpads of my left hand are sticky and won't release the strings cleanly, muddying up the sweet singing I am attempting to make with my right hand.

Have your finger tips hardened up yet? You will develop hard skin on your finger tips after you've been playing a string instrument for a while. :)

Have your finger tips hardened up yet? You will develop hard skin on your finger tips after you've been playing a string instrument for a while. :)

Oh yes, I have well developed callouses at this point. Before the ukulele, I fiddled around with a steel-string guitar for many years. I dare say the callouses have softened up a bit in the past few months since I discovered the uke.

It just seems that most of the time, releasing a fretted string on my ukulele causes it to sound a little. In this book, Daniel stresses listening carefully to your music and making your instrument sing. While meditating on my music, I notice that there are tiny blemishes all over my song due to this.

I used to get it when I first started, not sure if I actually did anything, or whether it was just my technique that improved.

But I still occasionally get it, & I think it is because I'm not lifting my fingers cleanly off the fretted string(s).
Sometimes I seem to pull off, & other times I think I twist as I'm lifting up my fingers, so I'd say to check if that is happening with your playing.

Hope you get it figured out. :)

I got my book on the weekend. A fun book indeed! I'm waiting on the mp3s to see if I'm playing them correctly, but so far I'm just trying to play them all once through to get a feel of the arpeggios. I'm over half way through but I'm liking them all so far and can tell they will help me get better at playing the ukulele! Great book! Thanks Daniel!

I've just ordered the book after playing the first one for the last week or so. I've found it very relaxing so looking forward to trying out some of the ones in the book

Unfortunately it says it might take 1-2weeks to get to where I live. Hopefully it will arrive sooner!

Top Bottom