Hello from Penticton, BC, Canada

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 31 years old and new to ukulele. I live in Penticton, BC, Canada. I've been playing for about a month. I previously played trombone, guitar, and bass guitar (bass was my main instrument). I've been away from it for a few years. I'm excited to learn more about playing the ukulele. I'm looking to learn to play more songs with a finger picking style.

Welcome to UU!

There is a lot of info about fingerstyle around here somewhere . . .

Welcome,you have arrived at a friendly place!

Welcome to UU, I've found this a very helpful and friendly place and hope that you will too.

I'm rather envious of your location in BC, no doubt it has its down sides too but with the World Wide Web perhaps some of those are mitigated. As you have played other instruments already you're likely to make good progress on the Uke (reading music and familiarity with fretted instruments will come in handy) but be patient with yourself. Hopefully there will be a Uke club somewhere not too far from you, but if not then you might like to help get one started at some point - I've very much enjoyed playing in my local club and it has (supports) a very broad level of skills within it.

Welcome rustandthecity,

Lovely place B.C!
Finger picking resources are here and the campanella style is well represented.

Top Bottom