Groups

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ever notice how Groups seem to die off soon after they're started?

Would allowing them to have subscriptions like threads do help?

Groups seem to die off because they are hidden away, & not readily accessible on the main forums.

Another thing is that not many people have even found them! :rolleyes:

I signed up to a couple when I first joined, but there was no activity, so gave up on them, & I think that is what most people do.

It is easier to start a thread & keep it going, than having a group.

One reason threads are easier to keep going is that when you start or respond to a thread, you are automatically subscribed to it and receive email notification of any new activity on that thread. I'm suggesting the same thing be added to group activity.

Realizing that there is no subscription to groups, I decided to include the groups to which I belong as a link in my signature. Didn't seem to help at all, so I took them off.

Sadly, this feature is under-utilized. Maybe lots of folks just are not aware of how certain options 'work' on the forum.

It seems that MANY folks still dont know to click the WHATS NEW button, or under the QUICK LINKS menu 'Today's Posts' in order to see ALL new messages posted to the forum since the LAST time you checked, and are still MANUALLY going into each forum section, which doing so I found extremely tedious and inefficient...

To each his own I guess... :wallbash:

Breaking news!

I found that you can subscribe to a group and be notified of new content. It's under "Group Tools" in the upper right corner of the page when you have the group open. So I stand corrected. However getting subscribed to a group is a manual process and not automatic or intuitive.

Top Bottom