Seattle Uke shops?

igorthebarbarian

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Seattle next week and was wondering if there are any uke-friendly/ uke-specific shops?

We're staying near the Pike Place Market area so ideally it would be walkable (or a short taxi/uber/lyft) from there.

Hoping for much, much cooler weather there than compared to Phoenix!

I recommend a visit to "Dusty Strings" in the Fremont District; just a short Uber ride north of Downtown. You're likely to find a selection of Kamaka, Pono, Kiwaya, Martin, Kala, and Magic Fluke Ukulele. The shop also sells high end guitars, banjos, dulcimers and harps. They have an adjoining factory where they manufacture harps and dulcimer, and excellent repair shop and space for instruction and jamming. Check out their web site http://store.dustystrings.com/ to see if there are any events planned during your scheduled visit or check the inventory of instruments. Fremont is an interesting old Seattle neighborhood to visit and enjoy great food and entertainment. Be sure to make the pilgrimage to pay respects to the "Troll" residing under the Aurora Bridge.

Last edited:
A definite nod to Dusty Springs. Instruments of all kinds, including a room filled with Harps when I was there. They leave you alone and are knowledgeable.

Seattle is a great place. I visited there last year and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Pikes is an adventure all it's own.

Enjoy.

Thanks - this place looks (sounds) really cool!

I recommend a visit to "Dusty Strings" in the Fremont District; just a short Uber ride north of Downtown. You're likely to find a selection of Kamaka, Pono, Kiwaya, Martin, Kala, and Magic Fluke Ukulele. The shop also sells high end guitars, banjos, dulcimers and harps. They have an adjoining factory where they manufacture harps and dulcimer, and excellent repair shop and space for instruction and jamming. Check out their web site http://store.dustystrings.com/ to see if there are any events planned during your scheduled visit or check the inventory of instruments. Fremont is an interesting old Seattle neighborhood to visit and enjoy great food and entertainment. Be sure to make the pilgrimage to pay respects to the "Troll" residing under the Aurora Bridge.

I will also put in my endorsement of Dusty Strings - they had a nice range of stuff when I visited a few years back. It was interesting to see a Collings and a Kiawaya in person.

I stumbled upon Dusty Strings when coming back from seeing the Troll (which is super cool itself!) I was not even aware I was that close, but bam, there it was!
It's exactly as you guys mentioned above. Real friendly laid back vibe. Two walls of ukes! A good variety of Ponos, Kiwayas, Martins, Fleas/Flukes, Deering banjo ukes, Koaloha, Kala, Kamaka, etc etc. Personally I loved the higher end Kiwaya and the Takumi models that I played briefly. And the National Troilian (sp?) was neat too. I bought a kalimba since it's easily packable, and I didn't have one yet. Highly recommended if you are in Seattle! Good call everyone above

IMG_6053.jpg
Here's the main wall. The other wall is mostly Fleas and Flukes. Sorry I can't rotate this pic from my phone

Top Bottom